Part 11

Ethan's POV

I can't do it anymore! I feel like I'm slowly dying. My world is slowly and painfully falling apart. I thought about harming myself again, to try numb the pain... but I promised Grayson I wouldn't do it ever again and I don't want to let him down again.

I used to hate school. I'd dread going there, wishing I could just stay at home with my family all day long. All the bullies and nasty things that were said to and about me made me despise that place. However, right now school feels like my only escape. Don't get me wrong, I still get picked on (especially in English lessons) but none of that compares to what goes on at home when Grayson isn't there. I even offered to help stack the books on the shelves at the end of everyday, in the library. Just so I could spend less time at home.

I am currently sat in art, next the only person who loves or even likes me, Grayson. Art is literally my favourite lesson, it frees me from all the worries and stress. I feel like I can just be myself, express my feelings and put every ounce of emotion into my work.

Grayson on the other hand, is not so passionate about it or very good at it. But we made an agreement that if I took drama with him, he'd take art with me.

I was so focused and in the zone, that I didn't realise both Mrs Jacobs and Grayson staring at my work, as my pencil coloured in the lines I had just drawn. When they noticed that I had stopped and were now looking at them, questionably, Mrs Jacobs spoke.
"Jesus, Ethan. You are a real artist, this is brilliant!"
"T-thanks, Mrs Jacobs," I blushed.
"If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the inspiration for this piece?" She asked.
"Oh um I don't really know. I just thought of it, I guess," I lied. She nodded and walked away.
I couldn't announce that the inspiration came from me having no colour in my life, apart from my brother.
"This has a lot of emotion and meaning in it, Ethan. You sure you're okay?" Grayson quizzed.

 You sure you're okay?" Grayson quizzed

(Credits to whoever made this).

"Yeah I'm good, Gray," I smiled.

Grayson's POV

I knew he was lying. One because you don't just draw something that powerful for no reason and two I know when he's lying to me.

He looks so pale and tired, now that I'm really paying attention to his face. I wonder why? He still managed to look beautiful, as the golden sun that shone through the window, glistening on his skin.
"Hey Gray, I'm going to go to the store at lunch so I won't be able to sit with you, sorry,"
"I can come with you," I replied, quickly.
I wanted to go with him, to make sure he ate something. I've noticed that lately, he would buy lunch and just not eat it. Also he has become a lot skinnier recently. All his shirts as so big and baggy on him now, whereas they used to fit perfectly.
"Erm okay. But are you sure? I don't want you to miss lunch,"
"I'll just buy something at the store, I'd much rather spend time with you than be sat all alone," I told him. "I could ask Theo to come too?"
"Yeah, sure. I should probably thank him anyway," he said.
He then went back to his drawing, his tongue slightly sticking out of the corner of him mouth, because of his focus.