Part 15

Grayson's POV

All I've been hearing for 3 days is my parents arguing. They try to be quiet, knowing I'm just down the hall but it's not working. When they're around me my moms the same, kind and very talkative. But my dad, it's like he has a new personality, he hasn't spoke a word since I left my room. I'm honestly concerned.

As for school, I went back... once. Everyone was talking about Ethan and bombarding me with questions and fake apologies. So I left.

Finally having enough, I snook past the creaking floorboards and to my parents bedroom. Putting my ear against the door, I listened intently.
"I can't do this anymore, Julie,"
"You will, John or you'll pay too,"
"He's our son, Julie! We're not only hurting him but Grayson's distraught without him. I can't be part of hurting both of them, it was hard enough just the one but seeing Grayson's reaction broke my heart even more,"

What the fuck are they talking about? I pushed the door open dramatically, showing that I had heard.
"What do you mean you're hurting your sons? Do you mean you know where Ethan is?"
"You have to listen to me sunshine. I'll tell you everything I promise, Gray,"
"Don't! Your mothers gone crazy, listen to me I'm going to help your brother now. I love you both but she's a controlling crazy woman,"
I saw the evil twitch in my moms eye as she looked at me and immediately knew to trust my father. He grabbed my moms hand and pulled her into the bathroom with great difficulty. She kicked and yelled but he eventually locked her in and pulled the cabinet in front of the door. So there was no way she could escape. She banged on the door and screamed bloody murder but my dads face showed no remorse. I was so confused and panicked. However before I could ask, my dad ran down to the basement and began opening the several padlocks.

As far as I was aware, the only things down there was old junk and Christmas decorations. Oh how I was wrong because when the door opened, there sat a pale, underweight Ethan.