Chapter twenty-six

Jace's POV

I opened my eyes, I ache all over, I don't know how long I've been down here, but it feels way too long.

I don't hear any movement upstairs anymore, I'm praying he's left. I'm still in utter disbelief that he'd go to these lengths to try and "win" my heart. I just need Nick, where is he... I'm in so much pain, the cuts he left are slowly getting infected and I don't know how long I can stay awake, the pain is too much... Nick please, please save me...

Nick's POV

"CCTV footage outside the shop shows the vehicles number plate, we'll trace it, by the make of the van, it looks like a construction van, they tend to have GPS trackers in them for work purposes, we'll run the plate and we will get back to you Nick, don't worry, we'll find him." And with that the police department hung up the phone.

"Fuck sake." I silently cursed.

I need to find Elijah before anything terrible happens. "Noah, I'm going to Elijah's office to find him, don't leave this apartment you hear me?" He nodded in response. I grabbed my keys and took the elevator and ran to the lobby. "Excuse me I need to find Elijah's office it's extremely urgent regarding Jace."

The receptionist looked up and told me Elijah left two hours ago. Two hours ago? That's around the same time Jace and I went to the supermarket.

It can't be...

"Could you point me in the direction of his office please?" I pleaded. She gave me directions and I headed to the second floor.

I got to the office door and of course, it's locked. Thankfully no one is around, I grabbed the nearest fire extinguisher and smashed the window of his office to unlock the door. Glass flew everywhere, some piercing my skin on my hands.

I opened the door and turned the light on, it was a standard office, computer, desk, chair, fancy fake plant... of course. 

I sat on his chair and turned on the computer, thankfully it didn't have a passcode. He had so many folders on his desk top I couldn't decide which to look through first.

Finally, after 10 minutes of browsing, one folder caught my eye labelled as 'Plan to win his heart.'

I double clicked on the folder and the amount of photos that loaded of Jace out in public and in his room immediately disturbed me, did Elijah take these? None of these were used in magazines or for a shoot so why does he have these?

The more I scrolled down the more sinister the photos got, there was photos of a dark basement, with a chair, rope, some sort of metal tools and a pocket knife. What the fuck is this?

I began to feel sick, is Jace in this basement? But if he is, where the hell is it.

I began searching through papers and documents on his desk, trying to find any sort of clue, an address, a number, even a slight bit of evidence to prove it's him who took Jace. Photos like this can't prove anything. Don't get me wrong they're creepy, but everyone has a weird side to them.

I saw a bunch of opened, old and stained letters, written to Elijah with an address which I've never heard of. I typed the address into the search engine and it was a burned abandoned property. A big three story house, with broken windows, black wood surrounding the house and an overgrown front lawn, but why would Elijah have letters for him with this address.

A news article caught my eye, my eyes skimmed over the words. My eyes widened in horror, oh no.

"Hey what do you think you're doing in here!" A deep voice startled me, I looked up to see a man in a black suit with an ear piece open the door and charge at me.

Uh oh.

I jumped over the desk and somehow got around the big bald dude and sprinted down the stairs and out the front door. I unlocked my car and drove off, I typed in the post code to the house with one hand on the wheel and one on my phone, trying not to crash.

Please Jace, if you're there I hope you're okay...

———
HEY YALL HOW U DOIN boy I haven't uploaded in about a 100 years. Sorry it's so short. I haven't really got back into the whole writing thing. Just fancied writing another chapter tbh.

Sorry that you guys have been waiting for so long. I mean the uni life is a struggle, paying rent. Doing assignments on time. Like lord help me. But anyway hope u liked it n I'll try n upload more if u guys want the story to continue

Gang gang x