Chapter Sixteen

Jace's POV

Today is the day I leave for LA, the day I leave Nick behind. My heart hurts every time I think about it, and I'm sure he feels the same. I told him when I got there that I would quit my modelling career for good, and continue to study here, where I belong. If Nick could pack a bag and leave without saying anything, he would, but it's hard. But I plan to go through with my promise, that way he won't need to worry.

I heard a car pull up on my drive, I looked out the window and saw Nick getting out his car, he looked as beautiful as ever. I made my way downstairs, avoiding all my boxes full of shit I need to take back with me. I opened the door and smiled sadly at him, he mirrored my expression.

"Hey."

"Hey, you." He walked in and put his keys down, after a moment or so he launched his body at me, he pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. It was so passionate, our lips moving in sync. His hand made its way up my shirt and caressed my body, I moaned in delight. In this moment I should be happy, and I was at first, now the overwhelming sadness came creeping back, the realisation I wouldn't be able to do this for a while, god knows how long it will take before I can come back, maybe I won't be allowed to quit, Elijah may not allow it... I pushed him away. "What's wrong." Nick said, breathlessly. "We can't.. I can't. God knows how long before we can do this again, and doing this will make me miss you more..." I looked down at my hands on his chest. Nick put his hand on my chin and lifted it to meet his eyes. "I love you, and I want to do this, I want you to feel my skin on yours one last time..."

I kissed him before we went to my bedroom and made love one last time.

---

"Have you got everything? I know you're keeping the house there, for when you come back, but have you got all your clothes, I'll go grab anything you've forgot if you want me too it will be no trouble and-"

"-slow down, I've got everything love." I reassured Nick at the gate. He nodded and smiled, I could see in his eyes he was overwhelmed with sadness, just like me. I sighed and kissed him one last time. "I should get going, quicker I get on the plane the less time Elijah will be waiting for me." I tried to laugh genuinely. He kissed my forehead, "I love you, call me when you get there okay?" I nodded, I waved goodbye as I walked away. I gave the lady my passport and she let me through. I turned around to see Nick, I waved one last time. I turned around and the tears threatened to fall, I'm going to miss the hell out of that boy...

----

Nicks POV

As I watched Jace walk away I wanted to cry, I adore that boy, and god knows when I'll be able to see him next. I know he won't be gone forever, but watching someone you love travel far away from you, is hard, so hard. But I have to wait patiently, and if that's what it takes then so be it.

I arrived at school and it was gone ten, which meant I was very late for first period, not that I cared anymore. I walked into class and all my friends shouted things out, the same things they always shout, like 'Yooo Nick' or 'Ayyy look who decided to show up.' All the girls whisper and wink at me like usual, ugh school. I can't wait to finish on Friday and just relax, maybe Jace and I can FaceTime everyday in the summer, he can update me on what's going on. I texted him about the idea I just had, I'm not expecting a reply anytime soon. I sighed and sat down, I looked out the window and just thought about Jace, he's constantly going to be on my mind, well he always was, but now definitely more than before... I just hope he can come back to me soon..

-How are you all? You enjoying this so far? For any thriller/horror fans out there I have a new book I've started called 'Kidnapped' I have the prologue out now, go have a read and comment what you think!-