Chapter Twenty-Two

Nicks POV

The cab pulled up to a huge building, I gawked at if for a few seconds before handing the dude his money and getting my bag out the boot.

I took a deep breath as I walked towards the door and opened it. It was so noisy. Receptionists talking loudly on the phone, people with outfits running around, half naked people also running around. I looked around to try and find Jace, or Elijah. Neither of them in sight.

Shit.

I made it in one piece to the receptionist.

"Um hi, do you know where I can find Elijah?"

"He's right behind you." An emotionless voice came from behind me. I turned and saw Elijah's annoyed face in front of me.

"Hi." I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my neck.

"Why are you here?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why do you think I'm here? To see Jace. He hasn't responded to me for weeks." I frowned and put my bag over my shoulder.

Elijah shrugged. "He's been well acquainted with a new model lately. He's out with him now."

A pang of jealousy hit me. Is he being serious? What the fuck.

"Where are they?" I said through clenched teeth.

"I don't know. They took a cab and went somewhere. Look you may as well go home, Nick. He's happier here." He said, his eyes filled with emptiness.

"I'm not leaving till I see Jace." My eyes burning holes into his skull.

Elijah took a step closer so he could whisper into my ear. "He doesn't want you Nick. He told me himself. Now get out."

I pushed him away. "You're a liar." I shouted, and grabbed onto his collar, I didn't give a shit about being in a public place. He was a fucking dick, why didn't I see this before?

"Nick?" A voice said in disbelief, I looked passed Elijah to see Jace, and next to him a smaller boy.

I almost laughed.

That's the guy he's supposedly leaving me for. Are you joking? He was small, brown eyes, brown hair, few freckles, maybe 15 or 16. Jace would never go for someone like that, yeah he's cute n all. But nothing special... or at least I hope he wasn't.

Jace came running over to me and embraced me into a warm hug. I immediately smelt his scent and I relaxed completely.

I missed him so much.

He pulled back and his hands cupped my face. "What are you doing here? I can't believe you're actually in front of me." He laughed and smiled.

"You hadn't responded to me in weeks, I wanted to know what was up with that... I thought you'd found someone new. And by the looks of things you have." I nodded my head towards the boy.

"You'll have to ask Elijah for that explanation, and Noah is new. I met him today, I'm in the progress of training him."

I looked at Elijah. "So you're the reason why Jace didn't respond to me huh? You've got some explaining to do." I moved Jace out the way and walked over to Elijah.

"I didn't want him speaking to you while pursuing his career. You're a distraction." He said simply.

Anger rushed over me. A distraction huh?

"I'm the distraction? Jace doesn't even want to do this anymore. And you're keeping him here. I bet you have eyes on his whereabouts 24/7. That isn't right. You're his manager, not his parent."

"Um, I think you all should talk elsewhere. You're all getting weird looks from people.." Noah spoke up, looking around embarrassed from all the stares.

"I think that's a good idea. Let's talk elsewhere." Jace lead the way to a more private area of the building, just a simple room with a table and a few chairs.

Elijah sat down and sighed. He looked bored with this conversation.

"Elijah, I'm not doing this anymore. I want to go home. Back to Nick. Where I belong." Jace said while looking at me and giving a small smile.

Elijah slammed his fist down onto the table. "What did I tell you?! You're not going anywhere." He hissed through clenched teeth.

"He is, and you're going to let him." I grabbed Jace's hand and walked out the door. I'm not letting him take over Jace's life like this.

"Cmon Noah." Jace said from behind. Grabbing Noah's hand also.

I'm going home, and I'm taking Jace with me.

Jace's POV

I led Nick to the elevator and pressed the button, it opened and we got inside. Noah pressed the button to my floor.

"Elijah had the most sinister look on his face when we left.." Noah said in almost a whisper. "It was scary." He added.

"I don't know what's gotten into him, he was never like this before I wanted to try and live a normal life." I said shaking my head. To this day, I still can't understand why.

We got out on my floor and walked to my apartment. I opened the door and let the boys in.

Nick whistled as he looked round my apartment, "almost as big as your house." He winked playfully.

I slapped him on the shoulder. "Shut up you."

He put his bag down and had a little walk around the place.

I looked in the fridge and cupboards to check what food I had.

Hm, not a lot.

"Nick, were gonna have to go out and buy food." I shouted in a whiny tone.

"Okay." He shouted and walked into the kitchen.

Noah walked in behind him. "Noah, stay here, we won't be long, okay?" I smiled and ruffled his hair.

He smiled and nodded.

I grabbed my keys once again and walked out the door with Nick.

"Be goooood!" I mused at Noah before I closed the door. I could hear him laughing to himself.

So adorable.

"He's cute isn't he?" I looked up at Nick. He raised an eyebrow. "But not as cute as you." I added chuckled.

"Good."

He kissed my lips tenderly, I missed this. I really did...