You're Stupid (Shayne & Damien)

Characters: Damien Haas & Shayne Topp

Fandom: Smosh/Smosh Games/Youtubers

Categories: Reader Insert, GenderNeutral!Reader

Title: You're Stupid

Summary: Y/N is feeling down and decides to call Damien in the hopes that it will help. Even though he's hanging out with Shayne, the both of them agree to pick up their friend and do their best to get Y/N to smile.

I picked up my phone again, staring at the photo of Damien and letting my thumb hovering over the call button. But I shook my head, not wanting to bother him, and put it down once more.

I sighed and lied back down on the bed, feeling incredibly apathetic and restless. I didn't even know where all that came from, nothing had happened to get me in this mood. Sure, I had a few things that I stressed over and other things that saddened me a little but... I felt kind of depressed...

Hating to feel like that, I went to grab my phone for the umpteenth time that afternoon. I took a deep breath and finally made up my mind, so I tapped the call button and dialed Damien's number.

As it rang, I bit my bottom lip, hoping I wasn't bothering him. Knowing Damien, he would be too nice and polite to really tell me he was busy or anything, and I hated to worry him by admitting that I was feeling down but... I just needed someone to talk to. I just needed to make sure he didn't freak out, comfort him by saying that nothing had happened, that I was just in a strange mood today.

"Hello?" Finally came his voice, startling me a little since I was so deep into my thoughts.

"Hi, Damien" I awkwardly said, not really knowing how to start.

"Hey, Y/N! You okay? You sound a little... different" He knew me too well, only by listening to my voice he could immediately tell something was off.

"Um... Are you busy?" I decided not to answer, knowing whatever I replied, it would be uncomfortable.

"I'm hanging out with Shayne" He paused for a moment, but then continued since I was silent. "But uh... It's okay, it's... never mind, what's up?"

"I... I didn't know you were out, forget it then" I felt stupid for calling, knowing him he would not forget about it.

I heard Shayne saying something in the background, probably something silly, but I couldn't make out his words. Instead, Damien was mumbling and stuttering as he worriedly replied back.

"C'mon, Y/N! Tell me what happened!" He finally said, sounding nervous as well.

"Nothing happened... I'm just... having a crappy day, I guess..."

"Something worrying you?"

"Maybe... I don't know"

"Well, why don't you come with us?"

"Where?"

"Just to take a walk"

"But you're with Shayne..."

"He doesn't mind! Right, Shayne?"

All his response was a crazed scream, like the idea of me coming along terrified him. I had to smile a little at his goofiness.

"See? He's okay with it"

"I don't want to bring you guys down..."

"Maybe we'll cheer you up! C'mon, we'll pick you up"