Losing Your Memory (Merlin x Reader)

Character: Merlin

Fandom: BBC Merlin

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader, Angst, Memory Loss

Title: Losing Your Memory

Requested by milleniumxhan (Tumblr):

Could u do a bbc merlin x reader one shot fic thing where Morgana captures you and puts a spell on you and you loose your memory and then she sends you back to Camelot and Merlin finds you but u don't remember him (you two were hella close) and it's rlly angsty and he tries everything to get you back and eventually does with an antidote or smthg. Thanks!

When Merlin lovingly pecked her cheek, she felt herself blushing. He giggled because of the effect such a simple kiss had on her and they smiled softly at each other.

"Merlin!" Arthur complained, definitely having witnessed that innocent interaction.

"Sorry, sire" The young man replied, still lovingly watching her.

Merlin then jumped off his horse and offered his hand for her to help her do the same. Hand in hand, they stood close to one another as soon as she stepped on firm ground.

"Remind me once more why it was necessary for Y/N to come" The prince rested his hand on his sword as his eyes scoured the forest.

"Well, you sire are the brawn. Merlin is our mag-" The aforementioned stared at her in shock, though she corrected herself in time. "Magnificent compass, and I am the brains!"

Merlin chuckled in relief, partly amused by her carefree attitude. Arthur glared at them, not amused by their corny attitude. Nonetheless, he tilted his head to the side in consideration.

"Three heads certainly think better than two" He sighed, already leading the way. "As do three pair of eyes see better"

"Precisely, my lord" Y/N replied with a smile, not letting go of her boyfriend's hand as she followed after Arthur.

"Or perhaps I can't stay away from her" Merlin grinned, making her giggle.

"Very well" Arthur briefly looked over his shoulder to them. "But do not kiss, I will charge you with treason"

His two friends laughed at his comment, still diligently navigating the forest in search for what they had come for.

"What are we doing here again, sire?"

"Investigating"

"See, Y/N, Arthur heard there were traces of magic in the castle close by"

"Oh, I see"

Exchanging a grave glance with Merlin, she thought back to him. To his secret, to the fact that he was accompanying Arthur to hunt the very thing Merlin himself was. But also about the source of that very magic in the castle. There was a slight possibility that it was druid in origin, but something told her that it was not the case. A nasty churning in her stomach told her that it was Morgana.

"Y/N?" Merlin called her, noticing she had stopped walking.

The young woman felt something strange, something she couldn't quite pinpoint. Seeing the confusion and worry in his blue eyes, she realized his magic wasn't grasping it.

She opened her mouth to speak, though a noise that only she seemed to hear caught her attention. Looking ahead, Y/N realized Arthur had stopped too.

"Is something the matter?" The prince asked her, intently peering at her.

"I... Go on without me" She reluctantly let go of Merlin's hand. "I want to check something"