Queen Under The Mountain (Thorin Oakenshield x Reader)

Character: Thorin Oakenshield

Fandom: The Hobbit

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader, Human!Reader

Title: Queen Under The Mountain

Requested by books-boys-are-my-guilty-pleasure:

I saw your recent post and I have a request! Can you please write a Thorinxreader where the reader is a really good fighter and despite being a human she convinces the company to let her join them on the journey. Fili and Kili discover that she has a crush on Thorin and tease her relentlessly, and one point Thorin just gets annoyed and yells something along the lines of "Watch it! You're speaking to the future Queen Under the Mountain!" idk this is all my tired brain can think of. Thanks! <3

The town was calm as always, just the usual murmur of the people and the sounds of the birds chirping echoing in the distance. That was, until a ruckus suddenly erupted all around the city, disturbing the usual peaceful environment.

After all my travels and adventures, I knew where that tremendous noise came from. Only dwarves were noisy enough to make their voices echo around the whole city as they shouted and laughed very loudly. I had missed dwarves, they were always so energetic and courageous.

I peeked through the window and went outside as soon as I saw a group of dwarves ridding in ponies, along with a wizard in a horse and a hobbit in another pony.

I didn't think twice to go out, seeing my opportunity to go once again in an adventure. I missed that, the adrenaline of the battle, the spontaneity of the journey, not knowing what would happen, meeting new people and seeing new places. It was far too refreshing, and overall compared to my routine as of late, to waste this chance that had presented itself.

"Excuse me!" I shouted, gathering the attention of the hobbit and a few other dwarves that went last. "Hello"

"Hello" Replied the hobbit, politely despite his obvious confusion and reluctance.

"I would like to join your company" I said with resolve, putting my hands on my hips. "Is there room for another one?"

"I..." The hobbit looked ahead, noticing his friends had kept walking. "It's not really in my hands, miss..."

"Y/N" I introduced myself with my best smile, holding my hand out, which he shook. "My name is Y/N"

"Nice to meet you, Y/N" He gave me hand a gentle but energetic shake. "I'm Bilbo Baggins, at your service"

I gave a gallant bow in response to his polite introduction, which made him smile. I had a way with people, whether they were hobbits, elves, other humans and even dwarves. And especially dwarves, should I say.

"Who can I talk to?" To catch up, Bilbo kept on riding, so I followed along with him, on foot.

"Either Thorin or Gandalf" The hobbit replied, pointing to the head of the group. "Thorin is the leader in a way, and Gandalf is the wizard, the one with the grey pointy hat"

"Got it" I winked an eye at him, going ahead to catch up with him. "Thank you, Mr. Baggins!"

"You're welcome, Y/N!" I turned around as I jogged towards the two to smile at Bilbo.

I then kept on jogging, ignoring the many complaints and comments as the dwarves asked me why I was following them, and arrived to the first two.

"Thorin and Gandalf?" I asked, looking at the wizard since he was the only one I was sure was the right person.