Reckless (Jake Peralta x Reader)

Character: Jake Peralta

Fandom: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader, Doctor!Reader

Title: Reckless

Requested by anon:

can u do a jake imagine where he meets paramedic reader at a crime scene and does everything possible to spend time with them??? oooh for the jake imagine instead maybe he first meets reader after being shot at and afterwards starts throwing himself into dangerous situations recklessly in hopes of seeing reader again?

It had been a really long time since I last treated a cop, it usually was a rare occurrence. Some were kind of reckless, and this one definitely fit the mold, but from what his sergeant said, he got hurt defending his friends, so that was admirable.

"Okay" I gently began when he sat down at the back of the ambulance, gingerly placing a cold compress over the reddened spot on his forehead. "You suffered from a blow to the head amongst other things, so I'm gonna ask you some questions to make sure you don't have a concussion"

He nodded, taking the cold compress and holding it himself as he winced a little. The guy didn't look in good shape, to be honest.

"Can you tell me your name?" I began, going over the simplest questions first.

"Jake Peralta" He replied without hesitance, which was a good sign. I held his chin up to look into his eyes to check his pupils.

"Great, Jake, what do you do?" I asked as I shone a light in his eyes, watching them react correctly to the stimulus.

"I'm a detective at the 99 precinct of the NYPD" He frowned a little, slightly blinded at my small flashlight.

"Good, tell me how you're feeling then" I saved my small flashlight and intently watched him in search of any slurring in his speech or symptoms of disorientation.

"I have a terrible headache" Jake replied with a sigh. "And I'm pretty exhausted, but other than that I've never felt better"

I grinned, knowing his sense of humor was a great sign of health. He grinned back, watching me under the blue and red police siren.

"Are you hurt elsewhere? Do I have to examine you any further?" I asked to make sure, although he didn't seem badly hurt, just a little bump in the head, luckily.

"I don't think so, no" The guy seemed pretty drained, which was understandable after the adrenaline wore off and the exhaustion settled in.

"Okay then" I concluded with a small reassuring shrug. "There are no signs of concussion, you should be fine"

"Thanks, doctor" He dedicated me a somewhat goofy but sweet smile.

I nodded and turned around, trying to make sure there wasn't anyone else I needed to treat. But then I felt a hand on my arm, so I faced Jake again.

"Since you kind of know everything about me now" He began to say once my attention was gathered on him. "Mind telling me something about you?"

I huffed, half amused and half outraged. I could not believe this guy.

"I might have been too quick on my diagnosis, you may have a concussion" I crossed my arms to show how I wasn't having any of that.

"Why, because I'm flirting with you?"

"Yes, because you could have died and now you're flirting with the paramedic"

"Yup, maybe you're right" Jake closed his eyes and squeezed the cold compress against his forehead like that could magically heal a concussion. "I got hit pretty hard on the head"