Spider-Pal (Peter Parker x Reader)

Character: Peter Parker (Holland)

Fandom: Spiderman/Marvel

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader

Title: Spider-Pal

Requested by anon:

Hi! Can I request an imagine for Spider-Man? So Peter is in love with Liz but slowly catches feelings for reader? So reader has met Spidey a few times and falls in love with him. Reader tells Peter how much she's in love with him and that's when Peter realises that he cares a lot more about them? So reader is being a huge dork about Spidey and keeps talking about him but Peter is scared to reveal his identity because he's afraid that they are going to be disappointed

My heart skipped a beat when I unexpectedly saw him. And I knew by experience that, even when we were supposed to meet and I was actually waiting for him to appear, it did the same thing. My body just reacted the same way whenever he was around, no matter what. The same giddiness, the same nerves, the same stupid grin appearing on my face.

"Hey, Pete!" I waved at him, causing him to look up at me.

"Oh" It seemed like he had been in deep thought. "Hi, Y/N!!"

"Where you headed?" I tried to make conversation, even if we were friends and we had a lot of possible subjects to talk about, but that was the best I could do at the moment.

"The um... academic club" He pointed a thumb over his shoulder as he walked backwards to be facing me still.

"I see. With Ned and... Liz" I tried to appear nonchalant, even if deep down I was heartbroken. It was great bumping into him and chatting, until I remembered my crush was crushing on someone else.

"Yeah, amongst others" He chuckled awkwardly, still walking.

"Okay, bye then" I shrugged, not looking at him to hide my sad expression.

"See you at lunch, right?"

"Sure! If I don't remain invisible, that is..."

"What was that?"

"Nothing! I have to go!"

I refused to look back and instead kept on walking. My day was pretty much ruined already. I wanted to hate Liz but she was too nice to, it wasn't even her fault. I just wished I was her, that Peter Parker focused his attention on me for once.

*

I blinked repeatedly when someone snapped their fingers in front of my eyes.

"What?" I got back to reality, noticing I hadn't even touched my food yet.

"You okay, Y/N?" Ned asked me, squinting his eyes as he analyzed my expression.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because you've been staring at Peter for five minutes"

"No I wasn't"

"Yeah you were..."

"I might have been looking at him, but not seeing him"

"Explain that"

Peter, who sat right next to Ned and hence in front of me, was staring at me as well. His tender brown eyes focused on me were flustering me, so my brain worked quickly looking for an excuse. Because I was definitely staring at him, enamored with him and how perfect and cute he was in my eyes.

"Because my mind was far away from here, I didn't even notice I was looking at him" I lied, biting on my lip and hoping I wasn't blushing. "So no, I wasn't staring at Peter"