Close To You (Eric Coulter x Reader)

Character: Eric Coulter

Fandom: Divergent

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader, Divergent!Reader, Daughter!Reader, Matthews!Reader

Title: Close To You

Requested by anon:

Could you please write an imagine (Divergent &EricxReader) where Eric is worried about y/n because he can't find her and he is in love with her. And when he finds her he kisses her and confesses his love ♡ with much fluff

Requested by (Tumblr user):

Can i please get a imagine where the reader is Jeanine Matthews daughter and is divergent but she hid it and decided to go to dauntless where she makes friends with four and she in a relationship with eric please and thank you

I was shaking from head to toe. The crowd around me didn't help, and neither did the thousands of eyes focused on me. It felt like their attention meant something terrible. That they knew my secret.

You're a divergent. The examiner's words echoed in my head as I slowly made my way to the front of the big room. I had heard stories about divergence, about unique people whose attitude exam sorted them into more than one faction. Like me. However, all those people ended badly. Being divergent was dangerous.

"Y/N Matthews" She insisted, as her stern blue eyes watched my every move.

I hurried to arrive to the podium to reunite with my mother. I gulped as I stood next to her, under her attentive glance. I opened my mouth, wondering whether I should tell her or not. It would alleviate the weight on my shoulders, but...

She arched her eyebrows in expectation, but I closed my mouth and stood in front of the five choices before me instead. I closed my eyes tight for a moment, shaking my head and trying to focus. How could I tell Jeanine Matthews that I was divergent? Even if I was her daughter, even if she was my mother, she was so obsessed with the faction system and the rules that I wasn't sure I could tell her.

"Choose wisely" Came her voice, soft yet grave.

I picked up the knife and held it above my palm, which hovered over the five recipients.

Watching her with the corner of my eye, I noticed my mother still staring. What would I choose? Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, Candor or Abnegation? I knew what she wanted me to choose, but I couldn't.

It usually was a dissapointment for the family when the children chose a different faction, but in this case especially so. If Jeanine Matthews' own daughter forgave Erudite, how would that leave her?

I moved my hand to stay over the Erudite recipient filled with water, they started shaking more than before as I rested the blade on my skin. I just... I couldn't do it! I wasn't smart, nor devoted to knowledge and order.

Moving my hand, I gulped as I put it over the recipient full of stones of Abnegation, to be kind and altruistic. But I wasn't like that either, not entirely.

I eyed the recipient filled with glass from Candor, but I wasn't that honest. I wasn't completely selfless or extremely friendly either, so I couldn't choose Amity.

I had spent hours on end thinking about this important decision, losing days of sleep. I had come to a conclusion based on the logical reasoning I had been taught my entire life. Taking in consideration my situation and my preferences, there was only one choice. One that would also set me free.