Comfort (Derek Hale x Reader)

Character: Derek Hale

Fandom: Teen Wolf

Categories: Reader Insert, Female!Reader, Sister!Reader, McCall!Reader

Title: Comfort

Requested by anon:

Hi! May I request a imagine with Derek Hale? 💖 I'd love to read something with Derek, where the reader is Scott's little sister. Peter gave her the bite and she doesn't know what to do because she's afraid of telling Scott. So she goes in the woods, searching for Derek, for ask him help. The truth is that she goes to Derek because she really like him, or maybe something more, but he doesn't know. If you ok with this I'll let you do the rest

When I came to, I felt... strange. Different.

I sat up, being extremely aware of my surroundings. The crescent moon in the night sky seemed to shine brighter. The very air felt heavier with energy, one that I couldn't detect before. The scents around me smelled stronger, like the dew that accumulated from the rain.

Confused about when it had rained, I looked to the ground. The dry leaves underneath me were now damp. I myself was soaked to the bone, my clothes were completely wet and my hair stuck to my face and neck. I was shaking from head to toe, but I couldn't tell if it was because I was cold or not.

Making an effort to remember what happened, I mentally went through the latest events. I knew I shouldn't have been wandering alone in the middle of the woods, but I needed to clear my head and I had lost track of time before it got dark.

My brother Scott had just told me about the supernatural, about werewolves. Stiles, who had insisted on being there when I learned about it, hadn't been the best person to have around. I knew he was trying to help, but his comments about these creatures only managed to overwhelm me.

After that, I left home to take a walk as Scott's words echoed in my mind.

'I'm a werewolf, Y/N'

'You need to know about this'

'Be careful, it's very dangerous'

'You need to be prepared to defend yourself'

Defend myself? Weren't werewolves just people who shifted with the full moon? As long as I was careful enough not to run into one of them while they couldn't control themselves, why did I need to defend myself? The glance that Scott and Stiles exchanged then didn't help to ease my anxiety either. They looked worried, alert, like they knew something that I didn't. Almost like they feared that werewolves would deliberately hurt me...

I had subconsciously walked to the woods, probably because deep down I wanted to see Derek. Even before Scott told me Derek was a werewolf too, I had been always... interested in him. I... had a big crush on him.

But then, as I immersed myself in the woods, it happened. The sound of of dry leaves crunching startled me. A movement caught my eye, but when I turned to it I saw nothing but the trunk of the trees. Then a growl, an animal like one, and after that...

I shut my eyes tight, cringing at the memory. I jumped up in fear when I evoked the moment in which something lunged at me and bit me. My heart began beating faster as I slowly rolled up my sleeve to check if it was real.

It suddenly felt really hard to breathe when I spotted the bite marks in the inside of my forearm. The blood once pouring from it was now dry and stuck to my skin. I sobbed when I vividly remembered the lacerating pain, the loud scream that tore my throat and the sheer terror I felt.