Chapter 3 - Who's Prettier? ☁︎

[first person]

we arrive together at jeno's house and greet his mother.

'hello jaehwa!' she says smiling.

'hi mrs lee!' i reply. our families have always been so close since our dads became friends in high school. a lot of the neighborhood knows us as 'the lee families' since we share the same family name, which is quite common i must say.

we head up stairs and walk past jeno's little brother, jungmin, playing a game some may know as fortnite. i never really saw the reason why it became so popular, but to be honest, i didn't really mind.

we continued down the hallway and reached the end where i was met with the messiest room i think i have ever seen.
jeno rubbed his nape awkwardly and laughed.

'i haven't cleaned up for a while. oopsies' i laughed along with him.

i helped him clean up his room and it looked a lot better in the end. we lied down on the two beds and closed our eyes.

this is the room btw

you might be wondering why there is two beds in his room. well, jeno used to share his room with his older brother hyungsik, but sadly their parents spilt up and he moved down to the lower parts of south korea. which reminds me,

'hey jeno,' i ask. he hums in response.

'when is hyunsik visiting? i haven't seen him for like three years.'

i hear him move the sheets below and i look down to see what he's doing. he is sat upright, eyes wide open.

'he's coming...' i look at him, waiting for him to continue

'..today..'

———

after i heard the news we wizzed around the house helping mrs lee clean up. we sit down on his couch with a cool lemonade after we finished cleaning up.

'thank you guys. i would've been just fine on my own you know, we have plenty of time until he comes.' mrs. lee says to us, smiling.

' didn't you say he was coming at 8:30?' asks jeno.

'yes exactly, i checke-' mrs. lee replies as she turns to look at the clock, but freezes mid-way.

'oh i was a bit off wasn't i? we seem to only have fifteen minutes.' i nearly choke on my drink as i hear those words. i need to get ready! i haven't seem him for so long and i don't know how he'll have changed. what if he forgot me? what if he hates me now?

'JAEHWA!' jeno screams in my ear. i screech as i turn to look at him.

'deaf rat' he mumbles.