And then we met...

Hi Guys! Chap 1 is up! This story is very heavily based on events in my life and so, I am slightly embarrassed to write about this. But, am also very excited!!! Read on please....the RiKara journey starts from the beginning again!

And vote vote vote! I'm hoping to touch as many votes as I can with this story since ya'll have been so supportive. 

_____________________________________________________________

Chapter 1: And then we met...

Gauri Sharma sat on her run down second hand dining table looking over the 10 pages of notes that she had taken for the day. This is when being a sincere student kills you, she thought wryly. And for a moment, she let herself drift back into her first day of medical school. The first step into the lecture hall, the excitement and buzz of the students around her, the astonishing images of the gory diseases people faced.....grudgingly a smile stretched out onto her face. No matter how much she complained about the work that she had to do, she would agree that coming to medical school had been her best decision till date.

Her stove dinged just then breaking her thoughts. Lasagna, she smiled relieved. She had been so so hungry and the sound and smell of delicious food flooded from her kitchen and into her mind. The books were long forgotten as she hurriedly rushed to eat.

She was walking back from the kitchen to her dining room when she heard a loud booming sound from across the hall of her apartment. Huh?

Who would be making noise at this hour? And as she listened silently, she could make out the familiar words of Ne-Yo's 'Let me Love You'. Her fork dropped. She knew that song way too well. She associated that song with a certain someone way too well.

Shaking her head from the thoughtless direction is was going to go to, she settled back down with her notes and began skimming the third page.

But, she had barely gotten through half of it. The booming became louder and she could practically hear the lyrics screaming through her walls.

Girl let me love you

And I will love you

Until you learn to love yourself

Girl let me love you

And all your trouble

Don't be afraid, girl let me help

Girl let me love you

And I will love you

Until you learn to love yourself

Girl let me love you

A heart of numbness, gets brought to life

I'll take you there

If I wanted club music, I could have just visited a disc, she thought frustrated. There was no way she was going to be able to concentrate with this much noise. So, dropping her plate of lasagna in the sink and picking up her shrug, she prepared herself to walk over to her neighbhor's apartment and ask him nicely to turn down the music. She had a tough day tomorrow and she needed peace....without the constant reminder of the song that took her down the memory lane of thoughts she had no business visiting.

She knocked on the door nervously. Had she had time to think about this? She was knocking on a stranger's door in the middle of the night in her sleep shorts and shabby hair. But, I'm not asking him out on a date, I'm just asking him to turn down the music.

Wait......him?

She blinked rapidly. How had she assumed it was a him? It could have been a her, it could have been a them. Why was she so willing to assume that it was him? God, that song was already beginning to mess with her mind and her thoughts. And she wanted it out...now.