Donut-y Entanglement

Hi Guyssss!!!!!

I am so excited! I am not back from vacay yet, but I did manage to get some internet connection and power my laptop back on! So, here is the part!!!!!!!

Please please please comment guys!! I love reading them and it really makes my day!

______________

It was Friday morning when Gauri was at the hospital front desk, busy finishing up her notes on the sassy old lady in room 507 who had a mild hip sore but acted like the whole world had crashed down around her.

'Came in with severe pain in the abdomen'

'Complained of chest pain and dizziness'

'Also expressed concern for fractures on the left hip and ribs.'

Fractured ribs and broken hip, my ass, she thought shaking her head as she sat amused at the stories that the woman had cooked up to explain the validity of the 'Oh so bursting pain' that she felt. The woman in question, Mrs. Bentley, had gone on an elaborate escapade of details emphasizing how she was just tidying up her plants when a huge gust of wind came and 'shoved' her down the 'slippery' slope of roads until she had rolled out onto the pavement. She had been brought into the ER with mild scratches and a concussion which the doctor in charge had agreed was reason enough to admit her overnight. But now, she had to go......and she was not going.

Gauri scratched her head in slight frustration as she saw the woman casually flipping channels on the TV and lounging on the bed like it was her own property. Patients these days, she thought as her mind wandered to the thousands of hungry and starved African children who genuinely needed medical help. Why can't I help them instead?

She continued to watch Mrs. Bentley flip the channels before a nurse walked in to change her saline drip. And then Gauri saw a different side to the woman. As soon as the nurse walked in, she immediately rolled up into a ball under the bed with her bedsheets covered up to her chest and a sullen, sickly expression on her face. Quite an actor she was, Gauri thought raising her eyesbrows in surprise.

Her gaze wandered back to the clean X-rays on the computer and for a minute she had the strong urge to walk into the patient room, pull the covers off the vile woman and send her packing outside the hospital. But, she couldn't do that. At least not while she was medical student figuring her steps in this wide vastly world of medicine. Someday though, she thought. Someday she would think about how to deal with patients like Mrs. Bentley.

For right now I have problems of my own, she mused. And her thoughts spiralled off and dove into the daydreams that had been getting the best of her for the past one week.

He had promised donuts today.

She thought before blushing and hiding her face into the pile of paperwork that lay on the desk in front of her. She let herself live in the fantasies of Om's luscious long hair tangled in her fingers as she raised up on her toes to reach his lips where she would lick the leftover icing of the donut off his lips. How beautiful these thoughts were and how mischevious her mind was when it came to cooking up stories and escapades with her crush. But she knew that nothing of this sort was going to happen tonight. So as long as these thought stayed where they were in her notorious head, then she was fine with whatever the evening had in store for them.

No doubt, they had interacted more than once after the Pav Bhaji Night, but it still was a casual easy going neighbhor-y relationship that she shared with him. They had exchanged phone numbers, for one, in the name of house emergency.