Friends and Foes

Friends and Foes

Here is the part! Hope ya'll like it. Comment and Like below, I love to read them! 

______________________________________________________________________________

"I know you hate him, but Om is nothing like that." Gauri said as she tried to reason with Annika over a sad salad for lunch at the hospital cafe.

"Can't believe he's still friends with that twat. I wouldn't even be caught within a mile of him." Annika grumbled piercing her salad with too much venom. The salad gasped underneath the force and then sagged without protest into the Ranch dressing.

"You know what he said to me last night?" she didn't wait for a response. "He said that I must have cheated my way to medical school and that he wouldn't trust me with a butter knife, let alone a scalpel."

In spite of herself, Gauri giggled in her head. To her, the fight seemed useless and pointless. Shivaay was just holding on to grudges from college and Annika was just feeding those grudges with her attitude. If they just sat down and talked like two mature adults, then there would be no problem. There would even be friendship, like there was with Om and her. She blushed a little bit when she thought of Om and his growing warmth towards her. She began to notice now that whenever he introduced her to people when they hung out together, he would always say 'friend' instead of 'neighbhor'. It might have been a small change, but it was something remarkable in Gauri's eyes.

Beside her Annika continued bickering.

"I'm freaking perfect with the scalpel and I'll prove it to him when I open up his head, refigure his brain and surgically remove the oversized ego he has stored in there." she huffed before stabbing her salad again.

Gauri rolled her eyes.

"Anni, but you started with the whole cheating thing. How would you expect him to react?"

And with that Annika turned with fire in her eyes to a wide-eyed Gauri who held her hands up in surrender. Uh oh, that girl is feisty, she thought desperately wanting Rudra with her to help. Unfortunately, the man had taken the day off to woo the bartender Bhavya on their first date together. Why did he have to leave me with the reincarnation of Goddess Lyssa herself?

"Okay..okay. I get it, he's the bad guy." Gauri configured turning to her salad and taking another distasteful bite from the carton.

"He is and if Om is anything like him, then you better stay away." Annika warned still looking at Gauri, but this time with some concern.

"Hmmm." Gauri nodded noncommitedly, knowing she didn't have it in her to stay away. Especially when he was her neighbhor and a good friend and the best crush she had ever had. Ever. He was perfect and she was going to keep whatever little she got from his friendship because it was so worth it.

_________________________________________

"Last night she told me to kiss my gluteus maximus." Shivaay said exasperated. "I don't even know what that means."

Om was mixing in some sauce to his spaghetti when he looked up and burst out laughing. The sauce spluttered onto the neighbhoring gas and let out a steam that somewhat satisfied Shivaay's annoyance. He leaned forward on the bar seat as he looked over the breakfast top to see Om's cooking. Distasteful, he thought looking at the canned sauce that had barely made it to a boil before Om tried his best to mix the long strings of spaghetti into the pan. I'm not even going to attempt to eat that if he insists, he determined. Of course, Shivaay would never actually say that to his best friend's face. He wasn't that big of an ass.