Not so Merry Sunday in the Park

Hi Guys!! Here's the next one! 

Also, if you guys are not watching Ek Bhram - Sarvagun Sampanna, you must!!! Our ShreBae is a beautiful devil and the most talented actress I have seen on ITV!

____________________________________________________

 OS: Not so Merry Sunday in the Park

Tej Singh Oberoi sat on the edge on the picnic table in his three-piece tailored suit that was unfit for a park setting. The suit covered his round body perfectly but failed to hide the apparent distaste on his face as he stared at Om and Gauri who sat opposite him. Whether the distaste was for the park or for Om and Gauri, no one knew. Not even Tej. And when he continued to say nothing but stare out at the children playing in the park, Om rocked in his seat tensely.

In Om's head, he had been strategic about selecting the place to see his father. The park was where they would spend the most time during his childhood, where he and his father held the most memories and the most fun. Parks were sentimental for Tej Singh Oberoi. So Om knew that if he was in trouble, his father would never unleash his anger in a park.

Secondly, the parks were meant for making new friends, playing without a care in the world, and being free from any worldly burdens. That was what Gauri meant to him. The one person who he could be himself with without a care in the world. And he hoped that his girlfriend's first physical impression would override any damage that Riddhima had done with her phone call. Speaking of, Gauri sat next to him in a summer dress that Om had picked out for her. It was white and embroidered and made her look like an innocent belle in a sprawling park with mindless children playing beside her. Of course she looked pretty and if the situation wasn't tense then she would have actually enjoyed herself. But, when she caught Tej Singh Oberoi looking at her keenly before turning quickly, she felt her muscles tighten in her chest again. Om felt her fingers clench and he held her hand underneath the table.

"Hi Dad."

Om started, watching his Dad lean back in his seat as he stared at a tiny boy kick around a soccer ball while trying to reach the goal post at the other end of the park.

"Hi Om." Tej said turning to him before sighing and letting his guard down. "It's been so long son. How have you been?"

"Dad." Om sighed. "You know that's not what you want to talk about." Om said, not wanting to beat around the bush.

"You're right." Tej said straightening in his seat. "Riddhima said some things."

He then turned to look at Gauri again who shielded her face from his judgment while Om clutched her hand harder under the table.

"It's not true. None of it." Om said quickly, hoping his father saw his sincere face instead of the poor little boy who was trying and failing at soccer. Tej didn't.

"Then what is?" Tej asked with a seed of frustration coming in between the cracks of his voice. "One day, I'm thinking about my son, proud of the work he is doing as a businessman and the next thing I get to know is that he is dating a woman who has conned him into the relationship and.."

"Dad-"

"And-and who the hell is Dilpreet?" Tej asked exasperation finally making its way to the forefront of the conversation.

"Dad." Om said wondering how to tell his Dad the truth without upsetting him the way Om knew he would be.

"What?" Tej asked looking at Gauri again, but this time curiously. If he admitted it to the innermost voices in his mind, his son did pick a pretty girl to be his girlfriend and she did look innocent... maybe there was more to it than what met the eye.