: 11 :

I looked between Johnny and Brian. 

Not really knowing what to say. 

This is not how I imagined things going. 

Not by a long shot. 

"Well, I, uh." I stuttered. 

"It's cool, Candy. I don't have a problem with you two being together. It's about time this guy stopped fucking around and got a girl." Brian said with a smile. 

I blushed deeply and looked over at Johnny. 

We hadn't even had this conversation and made it official. 

I didn't even know if that's what he wanted. 

I looked down nervously when Johnny didn't say anything. 

"Johnny, please tell me that you've snagged this beautiful girl before some other asshole does." Brian groaned. 

"I haven't gotten the chance. Thanks for embarrassing me though bro." Johnny said sarcastically. 

"That's what best friends are for." Brian said with a laugh, clapping Johnny on the shoulder. 

He stumbled a bit and Brian laughed as he walked back into the recording room. 

I kept my eyes glued to floor and tried not to look nervous as Johnny walked over and kneeled in front of me. 

"I know you didn't want it to happen this way. Fuck, neither did I. But you've been there for me through so much shit. You are the most sincere, funniest, most beautiful, amazing girl I have ever met. You would me the happiest son of a bitch if you would agree to be my girlfriend." Johnny said with a shy smile. 

I looked up at him with a blank face. 

He looked around nervously. 

"You don't have to. I mean---," I covered his mouth with my fingertips. 

He looked at me wide eyed and I smiled. 

"I've been waiting for you to ask me since I first laid eyes on you." I told him honestly. 

Johnny grinned from ear to ear and wrapped his arms around me tightly. 

He lifted me from my chair and held me close. 

I had never felt so much love before in my life. 

Johnny is an amazing man. 

I couldn't be happier now that I can call him my own. 

"So Johnny finally grew the balls!" Matt said with a booming laugh. 

I turned around and all the guys plus Mike were staring at us from the door way. 

I buried my face in Johnny's neck, not wanting anyone to see my tomato red face. 

"Yeah I finally did. You guys can stop laughing now. You're embarrassing her." Johnny griped. 

I smacked him lightly on the chest. 

"Don't be mean." I said with a laugh. 

"Yeah Johnny!" Zacky said. 

I laughed at how childish they could be. 

They are all like brothers, always beating each other up and embarrassing one another whenever they had the chance. 

But the love, and companionship, and respect they have for each other, is unlike anything I have ever seen before. 

"Candace is like a little sister to us. We're gonna tease her." Brian said with a grin. 

I looked over at him and he was smiling. 

"Gee thanks." I told him sarcastically. 

"It's all out of love." Brian said, coming over and giving me a hug. 

I laughed as I hugged him tightly. 

"Thank you." I murmured. 

"No problem Candy." He said with a smile, pulling away. 

"You're stuck with us now." Matt laughed, pulling me into a hug as well. 

I laughed and gave each of the guys a hug. 

"You say that like it's a bad thing." I said, making my way back over to Johnny. 

He wrapped his arms tightly around me and I snuggled closer into his chest. 

The warmth radiating off of him surrounded me and a smile made it's way onto my face. 

I don't remember a time when I was ever this happy. 

"Alright love birds. You'll have plenty of 'alone' time later. We've got work to do." Matt told us. 

I smiled and pulled away from Johnny. 

He's right. 

I've got tons of work to do anyway. 

These are some busy fellows that I work for. 

I need to plan their interviews around their studio time. 

I also want to give them enough time to rest so they don't feel overwhelmed. 

I won't even bring up the idea of touring. 

Right now, it's way too much to ask of them. 

Everyone is lucky they are even back in the studio. 

In most bands' cases, they wouldn't have come this far. 

But the guys want to spread Jimmy's legacy. 

And they can only do that if they finish the album. 

Whatever happens in the future will be up to them. 

And whatever their decision is, I know it will be what's right for them. 

"Alright guys. Let's get to work." Larry said, moving the guys back into the recording room. 

I gave Johnny a kiss and went back to my desk. 

"Let me know if you guys need anything." I told them sweetly. 

"Now that you mention it Candy, I've been craving Starbucks for the past week. Would it be too inconvenient?" Larry asked me gently. 

I stood up and grabbed my purse. 

"Of course not. What do you guys want?" I asked. 

I took out a pen and paper and wrote down all the drinks and treats they wanted. 

These guys get cranky when they are hungry so I decided to get them some food while I was out. 

I gave Johnny a kiss on the cheek and made my way to my car.