Chapter One: The Newbies

I walked down my driveway, shoving my headphones in my ears. I put on Demi Lovato and blasted it. It's summer, and my mom has been on my case about 'exercising' and 'not living on Netflix' whatever that's supposed to mean. So I got thrown out of my house and forced to go to the park and kick around a soccer ball.

I don't know what my mom is talking about, I play soccer regularly aka exercise. I mean, I don't hate exercising or anything, but the effort level is wayyyy too high.

My name is Avalon Kelyn, I probably should mention that. I'm 15 years old from Toronto, Canada and I happen go to an all-girls private school that's totally dope. I only have one older sister and her name is Acacia, in case you were wondering.

When I got to the sidewalk, I turned right and started down my street. I noticed that there were moving trucks in my neighbours yard, which is weird because that house has literally been abandoned for like two years. Do I finally have new neighbours?! Because I've always wanted a very attractive boy as a neighbour, preferably my age.

I started walking slower as I passed by the house, trying to catch a glimpse of the newbies.

"Madison, take those boxes please." A purple-hair teen walked back down the driveway to grab more boxes from a car.

(A/N yes I am aware that Maddie's hair is no longer purple and she's only 12 but in this story she is going to be 15, the same age as Avalon.)

At least, I'm assuming that it's her mom.

I tried watching them for a little longer, but they weren't really doing anything interesting so I stood up from the bush I was squatting behind and continued walking.

"Oh hello there!" 

I was past the house by now, but when I heard someone talk I turned back around.

"Me?" I asked, pointing at my chest.

"Yes hello! I'm Dianna! We are your new neighbours!" The woman said and walked towards me with Madison trailing behind her.

"I'm Avalon, it's nice to meet you!"

"This is my daughter Madison." Dianna said, pointing at the girl I already gathered the name of. "Where are you heading off too?" She continued, noticing the soccer ball and water bottle I was carrying.

"I'm off to the park to practice and get some exercise because my mom has been telling me to get out of the house. It's always better with two people though, would you like to join me?" I said, looking at Madison.

"I'd love to! If thats okay with you?" She said looking at her mom.

"Go ahead honey, I'll just finish unpacking. It was nice to meet you Avalon." She walked back up the driveway.

"So, where are you from?" I asked Madison as we resumed walked towards the field.

"Initially, Texas. But then we moved to LA for a while until my mom decided 'it would be best for the family' if we got out and moved away from everything."

"Hmmm. That'd be really cool living in LA. One of my friends at school is from Redondo Beach."

"Oh I've been there, but my house was more downtown LA."

I was watching Madison as she talked and I couldn't help but notice a certain likeness to Demi. I had turned my music off when I was talking to Dianna of course, but Demi Lovato is never really far from my brain. 

She even has purple hair, like Demi's little sister. Who's name is madison. 

Whoa that's a weird coincidence. 

Wait. Her mom's name is Dianna. WHAT THE FUCK. 

And they just moved from LA. And before that Texas.

There's some weird shit going on.

I shook it off, because even if it was true, I didn't wan't Madison to think that I was only being nice because she has a famous sister.

We reached the field and I started kicking the ball around to start a scrimmage.

I didn't think that Madison played soccer, but damn. That girl has some game.

After half an hour, both me and Madison were a sweaty mess lying on the grass.

"Do you play soccer, your really good."

"No, I'm more of an aerialist actually." 

"Well, if you want to play, theres a spot on my team because a girl moved away."

"Do you want me to play for your team?" She asked with a smirk.

"Do YOU want to play for MY team?" I shot back.

"I'd be honoured." She smiled.

"I'll talk to the coach at practice!" 

We both layed back into the grass with the sun baring down on us.

"It's so fucking hot." I said, sitting up again. "Do you wanna come back to my house? We have pool."

"Aww our house doesn't! And I'd love to!"

We walked back to our houses, waving at Dianna who was still in the driveway moving boxes. Madison went into hers and I kept walking to mine.

I slammed the front door shut and ran up the stairs.

"I'M HOME!!" I screamed from inside my room, already changing into a bathing suit.

"Knock, knock." My mom said before walking into my room. "How was the park?"

"It was good. I meet the new neighbours. One of there name's in Madison, she's my age I think. We went to the park together and then I invited her over to swim so she'll be over soon."

"Oooo is she nice? Is it a large family? Where are they from? Why did they come?" She bombarded me with questions.

"Very, I don't know, LA, I don't know why don't you ask them yourself?" I said, walking out of my closet.

"Well maybe I will!"

I put on music and turned on the filtering system that playes the music in every room of the house before grabbing some towels and heading outside. I layed down on a sofa outside and waited for Madison to come over.

I was daydreaming I guess, but I snapped to attention when Madison tryed to climb the fence seperating our yards.

"Urrrgghhhhh" Madison screamed, trying to pull herself over. She managed to get to the top before she came crashing down onto my mother's plants.

I burst out laughing then ran over to see if she was okay.

"A-are you oka-ay?" I asked in between breaths.

"Do I fucking look like I'm okay you idiot!" She laughed

"You like fine." I said, pulling her up and brushing dirt off."I cannot believ you just did that you are so uncoordi--- ahhhhhhhhh" I screamed tumbling through the air and landing in the pool.

"YOU FUCKING PUSHED ME INTO THE POOL!!" I screamed.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LAUGHING AT ME!!!!" She screamed and jumped in after me.

We splashed in the pool for a while, laughing almost the entire time.

I haven't known this girl for that long, but I can tell. Demi Lovato's sister or not, we are going to be great friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a new book idea i though of. Tell me what you think! I also update the book 'don't say goodbye' regularily, so go check it out!

I might update this book again soon, depending on feedback, how many reads etc.