Re-Evaluation

Part 3: Re-Evaluation

“Guess I’ll show you the guest room,” Erik sighs dutifully, breaking the tense silence. It’s almost like he’s accommodating an old aunt who just blew in from out of town, putting him out. He strolls to the stylishly modern straight stairs, satiated and seemingly no longer interested in you. Your feet don’t move.

“No need. My uber should be here shortly.. I’ll just wait for it right here… if that’s fine.”

He turns slowly to size you up.

“And if I say it’s not fine.. where will you go?” His eyebrow arches in question. In challenge.

She turned on her heel, heading back toward the door and into the night with no further words or hesitation.

Damn. Just like that?

He quickly crossed the living room to the door, watching her thick stubby legs thump down the walkway, booty swaying in near pitch black. Okay they weren’t stubby, he was just irritated.

“Y/N,” he called out kissing his teeth when she didn’t turn or respond. She was acting super childish and he wasn’t going to run behind her.

“So you just gone leave after all that bullshit you was talkin,” he huffed loud into the muggy night air.

All that talk about caring and wanting him to be safe no matter what, yet she was ready to dip on him so easily. Why? Because he fucked someone else? That’s what you do when you single. 

Her lack of self-awareness wasn’t his fault. She wanted him to pine for her while she acted like they were just friends.. all because she wasn’t bold enough to express herself. He ain’t have the time.

“Yo resolve ain’t shit,” he yelled, slamming the door shut. He turned off all of the lights but the one at the end of the walkway where she stood.

Through a window he discreetly watched her shift her weight on her socked feet, waiting on her Uber to show. She didn’t glance back at the door once, but neither did he care. She could leave if she wanted to, he’d only wanted to ensure she got in that Uber safely. It took a while, little over a half hour but the car finally came and whisked her away.

He flicked off the last light and climbed the stairs, lost in thought. On autopilot, he stripped and got under the steamy water of his shower, two major thoughts occupying his mind. One, her scary ass needed to figure out what she wanted from him and that’s if she ever contacted him again. He could be convincing so he was sure that she would. Two, as irritating as the girl was, she kept him on his toes. She made him work and practice patience in areas that normally came fast and easy. He loved it and he hated it all at once.

He sprawled across his bed naked on his back with his thoughts turning to Cierra. Cierra was Y/N’s opposite. She was obedient, vocal, and available. She wasn’t scared to say exactly what she wanted no matter how outlandish it sounded because she was confident and knew herself and that was hella attractive.

If only Y/N could take a few tips from Cierra she’d be perfect, Erik thought. He tried to quiet his thoughts, ideas of sleazy scenarios running rampant. Y/N wasn’t a Cierra and she’d never be.