Colleague

Co-workers don't typically try to knock down your front door or threaten to burn your house. Those are actions reserved for people with feelings attached. Erik has a lot of sexual partners, that's nothing new. It only makes sense that someone else would find themselves attached to him.
Leaning in closer to hear the conversation, you step forward but the "co-worker" sighs crossing the room.

"Fine. Have fun," she says listening silently before lowering the phone. If that was all they had to talk about, why had she been threatening him and his house? Why had he been avoiding her call? It doesn't make sense. Something about their relationship ain't right, and if she were actually a sub, why would Erik lie about something that stupid? He didn't hide his other subs. In fact, he'd proudly paraded them. So it wouldn't make sense now to lie about this one. She was definitely not in the count that he'd given you as far as his subs and he'd been thorough then.

Impossible. He can't be secretly in love with her. Can he? No, he'd have answered her call.. He'd have given her a key.. Maybe. Never really know with him. What if she knows about me.. Maybe he told her.

Her face is aggravatingly neutral and it seems she's done that on purpose.

"Where exactly do you work again," you test.

Without making eye contact she holds the cell phone out to you and turns on her heel to glide quickly back to the staircase, speeding down with you hot on her heels.

"HEY," you call grabbing her upper arm and she snatches away quickly before stepping into your personal space in a piercing threat, brown eyes locked on yours. You've seen eyes like that before.. on Erik. Knowing him, he'd definitely find a way to yell at you for getting your ass beat by a bitch you let in.

"...Who are you?"

"Oh girl," she scoffs with a shake of her head. "We ain't doing this tonight."

"The hell we ain't. You come barging in here like you pay the mortgage and then you can't talk about for what purpose? Does Erik own your mouth, is that why you can't speak? Why are all of y'all so damn troublesome," you frown. "I'm just trying to mind my business and I always end up in the middle of some bullshit."

Her eyes narrow briefly, her chest moving as she sighs, "..And why are you here?"

"I was invited unlike some people."

"Riiight." She rolls her eyes and heads toward the door with you behind her again, but this time you don't touch her.

"Yes? No? You're his sub right?"

"Fuck.. Me," she mumbles to the sky turning yet again, glare steady. She obviously thinks these are stupid questions. "We work together. What part of work are you not understanding?"

"How long have you two been working together," you ask knowing she hears the real question. Shaking her head, she turns back to the front door.

"What's your name?"

She turns again, her exasperation now painfully clear.

"Sis, I'm a give you a word of advice that I give to all of Erik's little pets. One.. Don't get too attached. Get your nut and go."

"But you threatened to burn down his house for ignoring you. Is that not too attached?"

"We are co-workers. He told you that. I told you that. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Two.. Don't keep digging for shit you ain't ready for or you might just find it."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you'll go home if you're smart," she stares. "Doesn't look to me that you are though."