Chapter 4

A Week Later - Elly's POV

"Elly, Pain wants you." Konan says to me half asleep as the knocking on our door intensifies.

This is how we know he wants us, he has someone repeatedly knock on our door to get the two of us up since we sleep late.

I groan. "I think he wants both of us." I mutter and she gets up slowly and stumbles over to the bathroom while I roll of my bed and land with a loud thud. "Ow, that hurt." I say and I get up.

I feed Cocoa and she barks happily and starts eating.

After Konan is done I head into the bathroom and change and do my stuff.

I leave my hair down, not bothering to do anything with it and I walk out of the room with Konan and we head to Pain's office to see a guy with a lollipop mask. I put my hands in my pockets as the guy looks at us.

"Konan, who is this?" The guy asks her in a deep voice.

My blood turns cold at that voice.

"Oh wait, never mind." He says and I can tell he's smirking.

"I would do something rash, but, I'd rather not since I just got out of bed, so, why am I here and not sleeping?" I ask Pain.

"Meet Madara, he'll be going undercover here as Tobi, a guy waiting to get in the organization, he secretly rules this place, so be nice Elly, and, he'll be teamed up with you by his request." Pain says to me and I freeze, an almost scared look in my eyes.

"No." I say calmly as I keep my hands in my pockets as I look Pain dead in the eye. "I stated when I joined that I did not want a teammate, I work better alone than I do with having to look out for someone." I say to him. "Besides, he has anger towards the Senju and its a surefire way for me to die, if I were to get in trouble on a mission, I doubt he'd try to help me and he would probably leave me to die surrounded by the enemy, because that's the kind of guy he is, he couldn't care less about comrades, all he wants, is to destroy everyone and everything, and if he sees me as a threat to that, he'll get rid of me without a second thought." I say and Pain looks at me mildly shocked at the coolness in my tone.

Konan smiles proudly of me as I stand there.

"So little faith in me and I'd thought you'd have the temper of your sister." Madara says to me.

"Be not quick in your spirit to become angry, for anger lodges in the hearts of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9." I say and Madara scowls at me.

"You worship a false god." Madara says to me.

"Everyone has their own god, and mine, is the one true god, unlike a false god like you claim to be Madara." I say and that just fuels his anger.

"Elly." Pain says in a warning tone.

"Bless those who curse you and pray for those who mistreat you. Luke 6:28." I say and and that does it, Madara growls in anger.

"She's not giving him an inch, but backing him into a corner." Konan says to Pain who nods.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, He restores my soul, He leads me in the path of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever, Psalm 23." I say and Madara attempts to grab me, but I stop him with a kunai to his throat. "You won't touch me, you won't come near me, and you won't be teamed up with me, you will be a beast in a cage while I'm around, for you are nothing but a predator sent from the devil." I say and Madara backs up and I put the kunai away.