+ chapter forty

+ raelynn's pov

Grayson and I had spent the day with Tristan. We took him to the playground and indoor play centres for him to explore a bit more. With Gray and Leilani both working, Tris didn't really get much time to go out. It also allowed me to get to know him a little more also.

I noticed how much happier we was with Grayson. In the little amount of time I've known Tristan, he'd always want to stay with Grayson. It warmed my heart seeing how well Grayson was with children.

After letting Tris have his fun, Grayson decided to come to my place. We drove towards my house, listening to the mumble of words and laughs from Tristan.

"He's going to be exactly like you when he grows up," I chuckled.

"He's gonna be the most popular kid in school. All the girls are gonna fall for him," he laughed.

The drive didn't take long with the entertainment from Tris. I parked in my driveway as Grayson grabbed the many bags. I held Tristan, walking to the front door.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw my mom sitting on the couch. "Mom! What are you doing here?!" I grinned. I gently put Tristan down, running towards her.

"I decided to surprise you," she hugged me.

"It's great to see you again, Ms Jordan," Grayson greeted.

My mom embraced him, "It's good to see you too, Grayson."

She looked behind me seeing the small child, walking around. "Is there something you haven't told me, Rae," she eyed me, laughing.

"Mom, this is Tristan. He's Grayson's son," I mumbled the last part, scared to see her reaction. Although, I knew she'd be supportive, it's weird to say your boyfriend has a child who isn't yours.

"Grayson's son," she raised an eyebrow. "Well, he's one handsome baby," she praised him. Tristan, grabbed Gray's leg, indicating he wanted to be held. Grayson held him in his arms, giving him to my mom.

"How's this gorgeous boy doing," she said in a baby voice. He just mumbled words, no one really understanding what we was saying. He let out a few yawns, his eyes dropping slightly. Grayson took him into his arms, "I'll put him into bed, you spend time with your mom," he kissed my forehead.

We sat on the couch, catching up on everything. "So I heard Addison's pregnant!" my mom announced.

"Yeah, she's about a month in."

"How did Jonah take it," she asked.

"They broke up," I frowned. "She didn't take it well but she's handling it."

"I'm glad she has you to support her. You better help her out through this, Rae," my mom pointed at me.

"We kinda got into an argument."

"Over what? It can't be that bad."

"She likes Grayson, mom," I blurted.

She had a shocked expression, "Addy's your best friend, she wouldn't do that."

"She's done it before. She kissed Mica when we were still together," I fiddled with my fingers.

"Maybe it's just a phase. She just got out of a relationship, her emotions are probably confusing her," mom assured.

"I don't know, she's always flirty towards him, even when she was with Jonah."

"Try to find it in your heart to trust her, Raelynn. She's pregnant, her emotions are all over the place. She also needs her best friend right now," she advised.

"I'll try," I sighed. She hugged me, kissing the side of my head.

"Just talk to her, Rae. It'd mean a lot to her."

"Thank you, mom."

+

After Grayson and Tristan left, I decided to listen to my mom's advice and talk to Addison.

I scrolled for her contact on my phone, hesitating to call. I built up the courage, holding my breath until she answered.

"R-Raelynn?" she stuttered.

"Uh, hey Add. How are you?" I asked.

"What do you want?" she spat. The change of tone shocked me. She was never normally like this after an argument. She'd always try to be apologetic.

"I just wanted to check up on you, I guess," I mumbled.

"Why?" Her rude tone made me regret calling her.

"I still care about you, Add," I sighed.

"Well, don't. I can manage without you. I've managed without my family for years, I'm pretty sure I don't need you either," she shot back.

"Addison, I'm try-."

She cut me off, "Raelynn, I don't want to talk to you, don't you get that? You accused me of liking your boyfriend. How could you not trust me, I was your best friend," her voice cracked.

"Add, I'm sorry, okay? I shouldn't have."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have," she ended the call. I widened my eyes at the mess of a phone call. Addison had no sorrow in her voice. All I could hear was the anger.

I began to tear up slightly. Did I just lose my best friend?

Mom walked in, seeing the tears falling down my face.

"Baby, are you okay? What happened?" she comforted me.

"I talked to Addy," I sighed.

"How was it?" mom asked, concerned.

"Let's just say, we won't be talking to each other any time soon," I lightly laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't beat yourself up over this, Rae. It's not your fault. You guys will resolve it soon, I know you will," she softly smiled.

"I love you, mom. Thank you," I smiled back.

+

16th december <3
they're growing up too fast :'(

another filler. hopefully the next chapters will be better. you guys don't deserve these trashy update, i'm sorry :((

recommendation:
JUBILANTgrethan
imprint ; grayson dolan
[complete]