+ chapter twenty three

+ raelynn's pov

Hearing that Grayson only talked to me for the sake of my father, broke me. It wasn't a lie that I was completely attracted to the boy in every possible way. His personality and charisma can brighten anyone's day and he was gorgeous, also.

However, I can't help but think the beginning of our 'relationship' was all fake. Trust was never a strong suit of mine and I was a very anti-social person. Letting people in was very rare of me but Grayson made it so easy. I love spending time with him and having random conversations about absolutely nothing. He was always so passionate about when talking about what he loved and I adored it.

Though I was very upset about everything, a part of me was thinking I was overreacting. I feel like I know Grayson well enough to know that he couldn't have faked his feelings for so long.

It's been almost five days after the incident with Gray and I've been doing nothing but missing him more and more. But being stubborn, I've ignored his messages and calls.

He's left many voice messages and my heart breaks listening to them. I can hear the guilt and sorrow in his voice. However, I've kept a strong front, not wanting to be weak and give in to him. Even though I've almost completely forgiven him, there will be a strange tension around him knowing he had no intention in being in a relationship with me.

+ grayson's pov

Guilt was the only thing I had been feeling. I felt terrible about everything and seeing the look on Rae's face after I confessed, shattered me. I never planned on hurting her, and truthfully, Ethan and I both had a crush on her. Our dads had been working on a project and I would see her occasionally. She always a bright aura around her.

I just thought, seeing her after years, getting to know her would be my way of apologising about what Ethan caused. Though it wasn't the brightest idea, it's what brought us closer.

I debated on calling her, wanting to give her time to reflect but I would always stop by the cafe she worked at just to see her. I never walked in, but I did notice a dull tone around her. She no longer glowed and I knew it was because of me.

Currently, I was sitting in my car, watching her. Regardless if this was creepy or not, I needed to see her. However, this time, she looked directly out the window and caught my gaze. She seemed shocked at first but wouldn't break the stare.

After a few seconds, she walked towards another lady. Raelynn returned, hanging her apron up and I took this opportunity to walk into the cafe.

She kept her gaze on me and nodded towards a booth.

We both sat, neither of us exchanging words. We just sat and stared.

I could already feel myself warming being in her company.

She opened her mouth to speak, but I quickly cut her off. "Raelynn, I can't tell you how sorry I am. What I did was wrong and I shouldn't have done it. But I-"

This time, she cut me off by giving me a delicate peck.

"You're forgiven. I understand where you came from. I just hope I made the right decision forgiving you so easily," she laughed at the end.

"I like you, Rae. A lot. I never meant to hurt you and never will. I'm so sorry if I ever made it out that our relationship was fake, because it wasn't. You've made me feel things I didn't know I would feel again."

I felt a weight life off my shoulders knowing she was no longer mad. I didn't know how long I could go not being with her.

I always feel the need to make sure she's happy. I want to protect her even if it means I put myself in danger. I want to be the one she can come to about anything. I want to be able to make her feel loved always.

I collided my lips against her again, this time the kiss lasting a little longer. Her small hand grasped my jaw.

However, our moment was surely broken up by the voice of her manager.

"This is beautiful, but that coffee isn't going to make itself. Back to work, Raelynn."

We both laughed as we stood up from our seats. I gave her a last peck.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yeah," she smiled her gorgeous smile.

I walked towards the door, before hearing the small conversation between Raelynn and her manager.

"You're a lucky girl! He's a handsome one," the older lady laughed.

"Yeah, I am," Raelynn replied.

+

i feel as if my chapters get worse and worse. this chapter was probably all over the place. i'm so sorry. writer's block is the worst.
if you don't mind, please vote and comment! it helps me as a writer and also motivates me to write more.
thank you :)

recommendation:
dolanslibra
can't remember to forget you ; grayson dolan
[complete]