Chapter 16 - Pillowtalk and Christmas

As we laid in bed, I ran my fingertips in circles on his chest. He lightly kissed the top of my head as we talked. We didn't want to move. We wanted to stay there forever.

"You know, it's almost Christmas," He whispered into my hair.

"I know," I said, adjusting myself to lay my head on his shoulder.

"Then, why don't you have any decorations?" His eyes met mine. I started to laugh softly, nuzzling my face into his chest. "What?" He said with a laugh.

"I didn't pack any. I mean, I didn't bring any with me from Chicago." I smiled up at him. "I just didn't think of it." He laughed and planted a couple of kisses on my forehead. "What are you doing for Christmas?"

"I'm probably going back home. Spend some time with my dad." He tightened his grip on my arm, wanting to hold me closer. "What about you?"

"I'm going home for a few days for Christmas, then I'm coming back for New Year's." I wrapped my arm around his stomach and looked up at him. He has a thousand-yard stare. "Joe," He locked eyes with me. "If I could go with you, I would. You know that." He nodded.

"It's okay," He nuzzled his face in my hair. "I'll be okay. Plus,...maybe...next year we can spend Christmas together." I smiled wide.

"Of course." I felt my stomach growl. I just realized that we didn't eat at the bar, and I thought we were going to. Sadly, we left too quickly to eat.

"Hungry?" Joe asked smiling, back to his loveable self.

"Yeah," I replied, moving my hand to pat my stomach. "You want me to make us something quickly?" He enthusiastically nodded. "Ok, hold on," I put my finger up and rolled off him, moving toward the bathroom. I turned to close the door behind me and I saw Joe staring at me. I gave him a look and he smiled. I closed the door and grabbed some spare underwear I kept in the bathroom. I cleaned myself up, brushing my teeth and hair, and putting on a little more perfume. I leave the bathroom, and I see Joe still laying on the bed, pouting at my underwear. "It had to happen sometime," I replied, shrugging. "Get dressed, babe."

I grab a hoodie off my bedpost and put it on. It was slightly too big, but it was too cozy to replace. I walk into the kitchen and look at what I have. I didn't have much, but I had Kraft mac & cheese. Something I didn't tell many people that I liked. It was a childhood favorite and I can eat whatever I wanted to.

"How does Mac & Cheese sound?" I yell toward the bedroom over my shoulder. I see him sitting on the edge of my bed, trying to put on his jeans. Sadly, his pale blue boxer-briefs were already on him. I walked into the bedroom and rummaged through one of my drawers. I grabbed a pair of pajama pants that looked like they would fit him. "Don't put your jeans on, they're not comfy," I toss him the pants. "Put these on. I mean, they might come off again, so they're just for right now." I winked at him and left the bedroom again. I was getting dangerously more confident around him. It was a side of me that hadn't come forward before. I wasn't sure if I liked it yet.

"Mac & Cheese sounds great, actually," He half-yelled to me as I was leaving the room. I grabbed two boxes down from the shelf and started boiling the water. I looked over at the clock on the wall. 9:35. Earlier than I thought. But to be fair, we weren't at the bar for very long. It had only been an hour and a half since he picked me up for our date.

Joe emerged from the bedroom with my pajama pants on. Fitting him perfectly. He scratched his head and messed up his hair some more, rubbing his hands across his head. He chuckled softly, but I wasn't sure if it was for me or just for himself.

He sat down on the high chairs at my breakfast bar and rested his elbows on the counter. I did the same on my side while still standing. He leaned forward and kissed me over the counter.