Chapter 40 - Watching Him Act

We went downstairs and all of the boys prepared to shoot. Joe was the first one down there which was a complete shock. He started talking to the director and the cinematographer, I assume, while I stayed in the background and tried to blend in. I was admiring the house when I heard a commotion over by the front door. The door had constantly been revolving with people coming and going, trying to get all of the equipment inside, but this was different.

I looked over and tried to see around all of the people moving about the house. I saw Brian come in the door. Roger was not too far behind, but it seemed like they didn't come together. Being able to see these guys this much was really a blessing. They walked over to the set and passed me on their way. They began talking to Joe and many other important people, making sure that everything was set up for the shoot. They would pat Joe on the back every once in a while as reassurance of how much he looked like Deacy.

I watched them closely, not being able to make out what they were saying. I admired the way that they all interacted with each other. There was a sense of ease with this from Brian and Roger although they hadn't done anything like this before. But, there was also an air of respect and nervousness for/because of these men. They seemed down to Earth and seemingly normal, but no one could shake the knowledge of what they had done in their short lifetimes.

Every once in a while, one of the boys would come down from the stairs behind me. Gwilym gave me a small wave as he passed me. Ben gave me a pat on the shoulder. And Rami put his hand on my back and gave me a small smile before entering the set. They didn't have much time to talk, but it was the fact that they stopped and acknowledged me after only knowing me for a few minutes. Eventually, all of the Queen and 'Queen' men made a circle and began talking to each other, possibly getting a pep talk from Brian, cheeky remarks from Roger, and a few small laughs from the BoRhap boys. Before I knew it, they began getting in place for the scene, and Brian and Roger began making their way back over by me so they could watch the scene. There was another actor who joined the boys on set, but Joe hadn't introduced him to me.

Brian and Roger saw me as they began walking behind the camera. I didn't know what to do. I still wasn't completely sure if I was in the clear with the Live Aid incident. I gave them a weak smile and Roger came bounding over to me.

"You're back," Roger noted as he stuck his hand out for me to shake. I shook it with a wide smile.

"Yes," I replied. "You're not going to get rid of me that quickly." I joked. Brian gave me a sweet smile as I talked. "I just figured it was best for everyone for Joe to have his focus on the Live Aid scenes without me there." I shrugged. Roger nodded as I stuck my hand out for Brian to shake. "Hi, Brian. It's good to see you again."

"You too," he said in his soft, sweet voice. As I was shaking Brian's hand, Roger was called away for a quick second. I turned back toward Brian and gave him a shy smile.

"Thank you for not getting me in trouble. I'm so sorry I did that, I never meant to mess anything up by going up there-" I was rambling and I wasn't looking him in the eye. I had to apologize to a person who I had looked up to for years, and it wasn't easy.

"It's alright. Nothing happened and you didn't mess anything up." I smiled at him again. "Now, what do you think of the set and costumes?" He asked, turning to look at the room in front of us.

"Beautiful," I answered. "Everything looks perfect. The costumes look like things you and the rest of the band would have worn. It's crazy how accurate and considered everything is." I said. Brian gave me another small smile.

"That's good to hear from a fan. We want to impress you all." I couldn't help the big smile creeping across my face.

"You shouldn't worry about that," I replied. Brian turned to look at me with a slightly confused look on his face. "We'll like it no matter what. To know that it's good enough for you and Roger means it's good enough for us." We exchanged a couple more smiles and Brian patted me on the back before Roger came back.