Chapter 50 - Home For Christmas Part 1

After our anniversary, the next big holiday was Christmas. Christmas on a movie set was very strange. Everyone would get a couple days off to celebrate the holiday, but the last day on set before we left was super strange. It was surreal to see the boys dressed up in their costumes next to crew members dressed in holiday hats, sweaters, festive colors, and pins that reflected a jolly mood. I wore a red sweater to set that day, taking part in the festive attire. Joe didn't plan an outfit and didn't dress in the right colors. He figured that no one except me would see his street clothes, so it didn't matter that much.

He loved Christmas, as did I, but he loved his work more. The scene they were filming was where the rest of the band is telling Freddie that their album just hit the charts in America and they were going on tour there. It was a nice scene to end it on because I got to see everyone, except Allen, before leaving for a couple of days. When they finished filming the scene, they changed back into their street clothes. They finished earlier than they thought which made everyone happy. We all met in the cafeteria area before leaving for the day. One by one, everyone met there. Gwil, Ben, Lucy, and Rami.

"Well, I just wanted to say happy holidays, and we'll be back to work in a couple of days." Joe spoke. Everyone nodded and said their own holiday greeting to the rest of us. There were hugs exchanged and glad tidings all around. Gwil and Ben left, leaving Rami and Lucy with us. Joe pulled Rami aside to say something and I talked to Lucy.

We had gotten to know each other a little bit while on set. Most of her scenes didn't line up with Joe's so I sadly didn't get to know her as much as I had wanted to. But, we became fast friends. We told each other secrets like we had known each other for years. One little thing that I knew about was that she had a huge crush on Rami. Ever since they had done their first couple of scenes together, she fell hard for him. As any woman in the same position would have. Rami is a gentleman and charming. He would be a catch for anyone to have.

"So..." I pulled her slightly further away from the boys just to make sure they wouldn't hear us. "How are things going with Rami?" I asked. She turned her head and craned her neck to make sure no one was within earshot.

"Well," she said, in a hushed tone. "His family doesn't celebrate Christmas so he's staying here over the break. So, I invited him out to eat as like a Christmas dinner type thing," she explained. I beamed at her.

"Really? And did he accept," She nodded with a huge smile on her face. I started jumping up and down. "Oh my god, oh my god," I calmed down at the thought that they might hear us. I let out a deep breath. "This is amazing," I said with a smile.

"It is, but I still don't know if he likes me." She explained.

"How can he not?" I asked in a loud whisper. "You are so pretty and kind and loving. He likes you, trust me. If there's a brain in that boy's head, he likes you." I assured.

"You think so?" she asked.

"Yes, one hundred percent," I answered.

"I just want what you and Joe have. You both seem so happy," she said. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You'll have it, I promise. Just, find what makes him happy and pay attention. He might be sending you signals and you just are too lost in love to see them." I advised. She nodded and gave me a shy smile. I heard Joe walking up behind me and I let go of Lucy's shoulder. He draped his arm around me.

"So, little lady, are we ready to go?" he asked. I smiled up at him as I put my hand on top of his.

"Yes, we are," I chimed. "And I'm not that little."

"If you're shorter than me, you're little," he joked. He kissed into my hair as I closed my eyes, reveling in it. Lucy laughed at our shenanigans. "Merry Christmas, Lucy," he said.