chapter 5

matts POV

I finally built up the courage to ask her out on a date,

"so payton" I sipped my iced tea "do you wanna go see a movie with me tomorrow after the concert?",

"of course!" she had a smile from ear to ear.

"tfios?"

"duhh" she laughed,

everyone went back to the hotel and just hung out in one room.

I sat next to payton and slowly moved my hand closer to hers,

moments later, I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers. she just looked at me and smiled.

"truth or dare?" Aaron suggests from the corner of the room.

we all agree and start playing. it was my turn so I chose dare.

"Matt," nash spoke "I dare you to kiss payton.

I was worried. I looked hesitantly at payton but she was one step ahead of me.

she leaned in and her lips smacked into mine. her perfect, soft lips.

our lips were synchronizing. we finally broke the kiss when I noticed everyone's jaw was to the floor in shock.

we both smiled but I noticed that Shawn was staring at me from the corner of my eye.

"can I speak to you in the hall Matt?" Shawn asked trying not to explode.

I nodded and went into the hallway. suddenly, Shawn grabbed my shirt and slammed me into the wall.

"listen and listen good. touch my sister again and your dead" he spat.

"I don't have to listen to anything you have to say" i hissed back.

out of no where, he threw and punch at my face but I dodged it. I threw one back at his jaw, causing him to fall over.

we threw punches until nash and cam broke us up.

Shawn had a broken jaw and he was almost unconscious.

I had a bloody nose and I'm pretty sure I have a concussion.

I looked over to see payton in shock. she ran over to us and started to cry. "what happened?!" she frantically asked.

she grabbed her phone and called 911. she told the operator what happened and they were on there way.

everything started to fade, and the room started spinning "I-I'm sorry pay-"

and with that I fell to the ground