chapter 18

Payton's POV

I woke up to shawn not in the room.

I opened my phone and read a message from Shawn that said, "be back in 10, went to grab some bagels"

I smiled and opened twitter, my phone was blowing up from all the drama with Matt and I.

(a/n:let's just pretend Maggie and carter are still together)

I decided to text Maggie since she is dating carter and we have gotten pretty close in the last few weeks.

me: hey Maggie

magggz💁💘: hi pay! what's up

me: can I ask for some advice?

magggz💁💘: of course

me: since you are dating carter, how do you get through all the drama from the fans?

magggz💁💘: ugh baby I know it's hard right now, but you honestly just have to stay very distant to social media. people will unfortunately make hate pages and shit about you, but that's getting them no where. just stay close to your friends and family. like shawn, your parents, and your childhood friends. don't forget where you came from and don't let others do it for you. hope I helped:')

me: thank you babe I love you so much I don't know what I would so without you<333

magggz💁💘: I love you too baby doll we need to hangout just the two of us sometime!

me: yes! xo

i teared up about how Maggie gets do much hate, yet she's the sweetest person I know.

Shawn walked in just a big bag of bagels, "yoooooo" he said trying to be cool

"oh look who it is" I said getting up and walking over to the counter of bagels, "I'll take an everything bagel with butter" I said

he tossed it to me and I started to cut it, "so have you seen Matt" I asked

"yea actually I ran into him on my way here" he said putting his bagel in the toaster

"and....?"

"well" he started, "we exchanged some words than I punched him" he said softly

"what?!?!" I said standing up

"yea.... but I swear It had a meaning! he said nasty things about you"

"oh yea like what?" I asked with an attitude,

"he said you were a fucking slut and that he only dated you to make Chloe jealous....he didn't care about you. but I warned you about him" he said

I started to tear up, "oh....I should of known that he was too good to be true."

"come here pay I'm so sorry" Shawn said with he arms open ready for a hug.

I wrapped my arms around his torso and sobbed into his chest, leaving mascara marks on his T-shirt, "I'm sorry" I apologized for the stains

"it's fine, I deserve it" he painfully smiled.

I sobbed into his chest even more, "how could he say that about me? he said he loved me"

"well I guessed he was pissed that you didn't answer his texts last night. and also payton, love is misinterpreted nowadays. people say "I love you" all the time and they don't mean it. you just have to know when someone "loves you" and when they are actually "in love" with you." he said with his hands on both of my shoulders.

"I'm such a fucking slut! yea right? even though I only dated one other guy I'm still a slut! I'm still a virgin, and the only boy I've ever kissed was Matt! I've only been to a few party's and I never where scandalous clothing! but you know! I'm such a slut!" I yelled sarcastically, pacing around the room."

I took a deep breath and lied down on my bed, "what am I going to do with myself shawn" I said as tears slid down my cheeks.

he lied down next to me, "although at times you really annoying me with all of your drama and shit, I really love you. I couldn't ask for a better twin to have and honestly, I think you should talk it out with him. I'm not saying to date again, but just end your relationship on a decent note before we leave for good."

I turned to my side to face him, "okay" I sighed and sat up straight. "thanks" I said.

"anytime pay" he smirked, "I'm going to go to rehearsals, let me know how things go" he hugged me,grabbed his guitar and shut the door.

I went into the bathroom and took off my makeup. I redid it so I didn't have mascara stains on my cheeks, and brushed my hair.

I threw on a "jacob whitesides" tee Shawn gave me, and some ripped jeans. I slipped on black vans and left with my phone and hotel card.

I was shaking the whole way to Matts room. I stood in front of his door and slowly knocked.

"who is it?" Matt yelled from inside.

"umm... it's Payton. can we talk?"

after moments of silence between the door, it opened as Matt had just a towel on around his waist with wet hair.

I suddenly fell for him all over again.