chapter 17

Payton's POV

I got to the hotel and lied in my bed. I needed the day off after all the shit that has happened to me recently.

I put on my feetie pajamas (my favorite pair which were really soft), made some popcorn, put on netflix and shut my phone off. it was the exact cure for a lost mind.

I finished watching season 2 of American Horror Story and I dozed off to sleep, not checking the time.

I woke up around 8 pm and I finally turned on my phone for the first time.

I got a lot of social media notifications so I just scrolled through my twitter direct messages and responded to some.

one very sweet girl said, "how are you feeling? I'm so sorry something so terrible happened to you, you're amazing :')"

I responded with, "thanks for looking out for me, I'm holding up pretty well:)"

I didn't feel like reminding myself of (you know who), so I ignored the rest of the dms that mentioned him.

I responded to the texts I received. mom,shawn, then Matt struck my eye.

my stomach dropped as I opened the texts. there were at least 10 messages.

texts:

(note: all texts were within the span of about 2 hours)

matt💓: hey baby

matt💓: babe? I'm so sorry

matt💓: please don't ignore me

matt💓: talk to me

matt💓: I love you dearly, just call me

matt💓: pay? please respond.

matt💓: I've changed babe

matt💓: do you see these messages?

matt💓: just say something.

matt💓: I'm losing you. I know it

matt💓: bye payton. I know I probably will never hear from you again, so I just wanna say that I love you. I have and always will. call me.

I started to type back.
"Matt, i-" I looked at it then erased it.

I tried again " I know you love me, but-" I erased again.

I didn't know what to say, but I wanted to say something. I wanted to forgive him so so bad but I couldn't. I couldn't do it to myself any longer. it was almost like a withdrawal without him by my side, and I wanted him there. his lusty, minty gum breath was the death of me, along with his hands wrapped around my waist, lying in bed with the sheets up to our shoulders. and on occasion, him playing with my hair.

but just then, I put my head on to the head board and stared at the ceiling. all those awful memories flashed back into my mind.

Matt fighting with shawn

getting Chloe pregnant and not telling me

hooking up with Chloe

having sex with Chloe the day after we broke up

and worst of all, abusing me.

not only did he hurt me mentally, but he hurt me physically too.

I shut my phone off again, and decided not to respond to him.

2 hours later

at around 10:30 pm, Shawn walked into the room

(I moved back in with him in his room, because I obviously couldn't stay with Matt)

"hey pay, you okay?" shawn asked concerned

"Yea I'm alright, just stressed" I confessed

"do you want to talk? or just go to sleep?" he asked

"honestly, I just want to sleep it off" I said putting my laptop on the side table.

"okay c'mon" Shawn said, "sleep with me"

"alright" I said as I got out of my bed, and got in his bed.

"it smells like cologne" I giggled

"thank god it doesn't smell like BO, that would be embarrassing" he laughed slightly.

"hahaha you're right" I laughed.

I haven't laughed in a LONG time. I miss being happy.

"aye Shawn?" I said about 5 minutes later, hoping he wasn't sleeping.

"yea pay?"he said quietly

"goodnight, I love you. you're the best" I said with my back towards him.

"i love you too payton. you're the best. well I'm the BEST, but you're a close second" Shawn said jokingly.

I laughed as I drifted to a deep sleep.
-------//////------

SIBLING GOALS AM I RIGHT LADIES ?!!?!?!?!

lol okay bye