chapter 8

Payton's POV

3 days passed by.

not much happened.

Shawn and Matt received their meds and got let out of the hospital.

its the first day since they got released and I already know the drive home will be awkward.

we got in the car. I was in the drivers seat, Shawn in the passenger seat and Matt in the back.

5 minutes went by and no one said a word,

I tapped my nails against the steering wheel as we stopped at a red light.

"so.." Matt spoke

"what." Shawn said in a aggravated tone.

"so are we just going to forget that what happened the other night never happened? that you guys nearly killed each other,but hey whatever." I said sarcastically angry,

Matt & Shawn both looked down, not saying anything.

Shawn broke the silence, "maybe if we didn't have to keep ridiculous secrets everything would be normal..."

"what? what secrets?" I asked

Shawn didn't respond. at least it looked like he couldn't. was Matt hiding something?

we got the the hotel and Shawn had to go straight to rehearsal. Matt and I went to see the guys.

we walked in a everyone ran towards Matt.

when they gave him hugs it made me smile because it showed how much they care about him.

they gave me hugs too, but only since it was the polite thing to do.

we talked and hung out for a few hours, then Matt pulled me to the side.

"so....I know a lot of things happened in the pass 4 days or so" Matt began "and we never got to see TFIOS......wanna go now?"

"absolutely" I smiled and grabbed his hand.

we locked hands the whole way there and through the whole movie.

during the previews he tried to impress me as he threw popcorn in his mouth.

"wow you should be the Olympics!" I said sarcastically

"I know right!" he said playing along.

half way through the movie I felt the tears coming. I grabbed matts arm and started to cry in his shirt.

Matt was crying too, I could tell. every now an then I would hear sniffles.

I grabbed him again and he grabbed me back harder.

the movie ended and everyone was recovering from sobbing.

Matt looked at me as we exited the movie theater.

he looks into my eyes as I blushed.

"payton... I love you"

I was shocked

I didn't know what to say

did I feel the same way?

so many thoughts were going through my head, that I didn't even realize I never said anything back.

"I love you too"

we both leaned in for a kiss and that's when I knew everything felt right.