10

Your ears couldn't believe it. Peter Parker was telling you that you were his only pick for a partner? You motioned for him to crawl through the window. He did. He took off his mask and fiddled with it in both of his hands as he stared at the ground.

"Your 'best girl'?" You repeated, trying to make sense of it. Peter looked up at you but didn't lift his head. A clear sign that he was either embarrassed or nervous... Maybe both.

Slowly, he nodded and you almost smiled. You let out a big breath, and sat down on your bed. 

"Peter, if I'm being completely honest,  I don't want to see you get hurt. And if I'm going to protect you in the best way,  I can't go back to school. " Instantly, Peter Parker's expression changed.

"What do you mean you're not going back to school?" He asked, confusion evident in his voice. You shrugged.

"I have responsibilities. I'm an Avenger and I need to find out who attacked us the other night. I hope I'll be able to come back but in the meantime, I can't risk him hurting anyone else." You said. Peter shook his head.

"No. Nope. You're going to school tomorrow. Y/N, it won't be the same without you and I can help you out. Please." His tone almost sounded like a father scolding a child,  but he also sounded desperate.

"Y/N, if you want to protect us, come to school with Ali and I. I mean Ali is an X-Men member, you're an Avenger, and I'm Spiderman. Sounds like a good team to me." You smiled at Peter's enthusiasm. You looked down at your lap and thought for a quick second.

"I don't know, Parker." You said. Peter knelt down in front of you and looked you in the eyes.

"Come on, Y/N, lone wolves don't always survive on their own." Immediately,  you jokingly glared at the 15 year old.

"Dude, nobody said I was gonna die. " You laughed. Peter shook his head and stuck a finger in the air. 

"I didn't say you were gonna die, L/N." He grinned.

"It was implied." You argued. Peter laughed and rose from the ground soon making his way towards the window.

"Please just think about it." He said, slipping on his mask.

"Okay. Goodnight, Peter. "

"Goodnight, Y/N, sleep well."

You did think about what Peter said. You thought about it a lot.

You definitely wanted to continue school, it was as normal as you could be, but at the end of the day, you still had powers and you weren't normal. It was still kind of nice to have seven hours to just be a kid.

You couldn't decide what you wanted.  You finally had friends your own age. Good friends. Who just happened to be as unique as you.

But, the one thing you couldn't do was go to Homecoming. You had to make sure that man wouldn't try something on that night. During the day at school, you could protect your friends
and classmates.

You'd finally decided what to do.

And on Monday morning, you would be waking up to get ready for school.

Omg guys can just take a moment to acknowledge Avengers: Endgame?! I can't!!!!!  Tell me your thoughts in the comments, because I'm having trouble thinking straight right now 😂💚