Guess who?

The knock on the door sent Harrison flying upstairs. He knew it was Mariah and it didn't  surprise him that she had gone home changed up and was already in his house while he was nowhere near ready.

It was Manny's birthday, it was also three weeks since he'd last seen his father. But they were going to the restaurant on a boat to celebrate Manny's birthday, he didn't want to be sad.

"Harrison.. " his mother yelled from downstairs, "Your friend is here.  Tell me if she isn't a human being. She is ready before eight. Would it kill you guys to be on time for once in your lives?! "

She waved her hand gesturing for Mariah to come in.
"Please sit." she said, "Let me get these sloths down"

Mariah chuckled and took a seat on the large sofa. "Thank you ma'am. I came with a gift for Manny if that's okay? "

"Of course" His mother said. Turning towards the stairs she yelled, "Manny get down here!"

Mariah winced as she closed her ears with her fingers. Not much yelling was done at her home. She wasn't used to this carefree, barefoot mother figure yelling profanities at her children, but it made her chuckle

"Sorry" Harrison's mom said, "If I don't yell they act like they don't hear me. I don't know what's going on today"

Turning back to the stair case she yelled again, "I am not going to go crazy because of you guys. Your plans have failed."

Harrison came rushing down the stairs.

"Mummy.... " he whined.

"What? Tell your brother five minutes. Five minutes and I'm out of here with or without him "she yelled again.

"It's his birthday mummy" Harrison stated

"Is there a rule that states the the celebrant must be present on his birthday? " she queried. Mariah snickered as Harrison's mother left the room.

"Where's Aretha?" Mariah asked Harrison
"Upstairs, I think. Retha?" Harrison called, "Guess who's here!"

"Mawiah..." Aretha came running down towards her. Mariah picked her up and hugged her.

"I missed you. I got something for you" Mariah said reaching for her bag. Aretha stood on the couch with her hands on Mariah's shoulder looking for what she had bought.

"Do you know what this is?" Mariah asked.

"Me!" she yelled tapping her chest, "Me"

Mariah dangled the necklace in front of her face playfully and Aretha attempted to catch it.
"Can you read that? What is that? What does it say?"

"Me." she yelled again

"You are so smart." Mariah cooed pointing to the letters on the necklace. 

"A... R... E... T... H... A" Aretha spelled out as she clapped for herself. "Me!" she squealed in delight again.

"Let me put it on you. Pretty girl." Mariah cooed. Aretha sat on Mariah's lap, in between Mariah and Harrison facing the doorway as she tried to get the necklace on the little girl.

"I'm jealous" Harrison said

"Oh shush you" Mariah chided

"Manny three minutes" His mother yelled again

"Daddy" Aretha murmured giggling.

"Aretha... I told you daddy isn't... " Harrison began but Aretha didn't let him finish.

"Daddy... Daddy... Daddy!!" she chanted

"Retha..." Harrison whined

"Hey baby girl" his father's voice sounded at the door