Soy sauce

Hopes were all I had

Dreams were all I got

No one as beautiful as you

Ever looked at me

The way you do

Mariah rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time that day as Harrison held his hands out to her. She ignored the gesture and propped her hands against the chasis of the car trying to stand up.

"Mariah let me help you" Harrison said but Mariah didn't hear him. He knew this. Her ears were plugged and she was listening to music. She had been since he told her they had to go home.
Like she was mad at him
He held the door of the passenger's seat open for her, but he kept his hands to himself.

She stumbled and he held unto he arms steadying her.  She didn't struggle,  he was glad, instead she rested her weight on his body.
Harrison slowly helped her into the car and she sighed when she was finally seated. Shutting the door he folded up the wheelchair and placed it in the boot of the car then he turned round to the driver seat.

"Mariah" Harrison called as he turned on the ignition.

Mariah ignored him. He backed out of the parking space and into the street, slowly.

"Mariah your mum said I should bring you home, that's not my fault" Harrison tried again.
Mariah wasn't having it though. She hated being treated like she was handicapped even though technically she was.

She turned up the volume of her earphones. It wasn't his fault, she knew.  But she couldn't help it.  She was annoyed and frustrated, so she ignored him.

This girl

This girl...

With her eyes like pools of melted chocolate

On me

It has to be miracle

Highly unusual

Has to be a miracle

Chocolate eyes

Love someone like me

She looked up to see Harrison staring at he r like he was waiting for her to give a reply to a question she had asked.

"What?" she snapped

"I asked if you wanted to watch a movie or eat something before we head home" Harrison asked again.

"Whatever" Mariah murmured plugging her earphones back in her ears

Harrison sighed. Physiotherapy hadn't been going so well for Mariah for the past few weeks. She got frustrated because of it. It made Harrison sad, seeing her struggle. He couldn't imagine what she was feeling, going from being able to walk to not being able to could fuck anybody up.

If it's a dream I hope I never wake up

They say love is blind

But I hope you can see the real me

It has to be a miracle

Purely a miracle

Highly unusual

that you love me

The way that you do

It has to a miracle

It's highly unusual

It's gotta be a miracle

Chocolate eyes love someone like me