•Chapter IV•

Eren

I'm terrified. Titan is starting school today, in about one hour and six minutes to be precise, and I'm absolutely mortified. I mean, what if he's bullied? Or if other kids don't like him? What if he gets hurt while I'm not there, or gets lost, or breaks something badly and Levi has to spend loads of money to replace it?

I groaned loudly into a pillow.

That was another thing, why the heck did I think he was cute? There was no reason to, and he was hotter than he was cute, and to be perfectly honest if there was any chance whatsoever we got together, I really didn't think he'd be the cute one of the relationship. I hated this, there was no way I was gonna fall for someone who literally kept me around because he picked me up off the streets.

"Levi, how do you do it?" I asked, my head propping off the pillow on the couch. "I'm scared to let him out of my sight. The thought is terrifying."

"Isabel is a good teacher. I promise," he assured.

"But... I've barely ever let him out of my sight for longer than three or four hours."

"Aki will keep him safe."

"Okay," I pulled myself up. "Okay, yeah, okay. Sounds good, I'm fine... Bacon?"

"Sure." Levi replied and I finally noticed that he was in the process of buttoning up his shirt.

I turned away, standing up and going to the kitchen to ensure he didn't notice my blush. "Okay, so sexy and cute." I muttered quietly. "Eren, this is not going well for you."

"Hello, Mr. Eren. Are you sick?" Aki looked up at me.

I jumped back in surprise, letting out a small yelp. "Sorry, hi. You scared me. I'm fine, don't worry."

"Daddy, what's for food?" Titan asked, popping around the corner.

"Titan!" Aki scolded, fixing the collar of his white shirt and tying his tennis shoes and fixing his belt. She herself was wearing a light gray polo shirt, tennis shoes, and a navy blue pleated skirt.

Titan scruffed up his hair, unbuttoning his top shirt. "This uniform is itchy."

"You're just wearing jeans, a polo, and tennis shoes. How are you uncomfortable?" Aki cocked her head to the side.

He huffed, "I like clothes other people have already worn, the nice comfy stuff that doesn't itch because other people wear it first."

"Do you not like the clothes my papa got you?"

"I really like them, they're just itchy!"

"I'll put them in the wash with fabric softener for you, but it'll have to be tomorrow. Cope for it, just for today?" I requested. "For me?"

"Fiiine," he groaned.

Levi walked in with a suit mostly done, Aki standing up on a chair to fix his tie for him. "Are you excited to start school with Aki, Tobias?"

"Mhmm!" Titan said happily, "I wanna make friends and play with Aki in the playground."

"The playground?" Aki turned to Titan. "I've never gone with friends. I usually just read inside. This sounds awesome!"

Titan giggled. "We're gonna have lots and lots of fun!"

"Stay safe though, okay?" I said protectively, "Promise me?"

Titan puffed up his cheeks. "You're such a sticky icky."

"What does that mean?" Levi asked, opening his mouth for Aki to put a slice of toast in.