•Chapter V•

Levi

"Papa, where are you going?" Aki asked as I stood up from the dinner table to leave for my date.

"I have plans for tonight," I said quietly, kissing her forehead and cheeks. "Don't wait up for me."

She smiled softly, most likely glad I was getting out of the house for something other than work or errands. "I love you. Have fun."

"I love you too, but that's not right." I flicked her forehead.

She groaned before smiling brightly, resting her forehead against mine. "Je t'aime."

"Je t'aime aussi."

Eren popped his head around the corner of the kitchen from the hall, a small smile on his face. "Hey, I hope you have fun and stuff. You look good."

"Thank you. If you have an emergency, call me," I told him.

"Or ask me," Aki added.

"Don't come to me," Tobias felt a need to say.

Eren laughed. "Okay. I'll call if I need anything when Aki and Titan go to sleep. Stay safe, don't do anything stupid, no drunk driving."

"Papa would never drink and drive!"

Eren nodded. "That's true, he's very responsible."

"I try to be." I patted Eren's and Tobias's shoulders. "Sleep well. Don't miss me too much."

"I'll try not to," Eren joked, and I swear I could hear a small amount of seriousness in his tone.

Tobias grinned. "'Kay! Have fun where you're goin' Mr. Levi!"

"Who wants me to bring them back a dessert?" I asked.

"Apple pie or an apple crisp, please," Aki requested.

"Cake! Chocolate cake!" Tobias cheered.

Eren smiled, "Just stay safe and be back for breakfast, that's enough for me."

"What are you, my wife?" I asked. "Tobias, what's your father's favorite dessert?"

"Black tree gate?" The boy cocked his head.

Eren laughed lightly, blushing. "Black forest gateau. And you wish I was your wife, I'm awesome at this."

"Better than she was," I mumbled.

"... I'm sorry."

"She left because of me," Aki replied, pushing me towards the door. "Papa, go before you're late!"

"She left because she's a bitch," I corrected. "You're perfect."

"No such thing as perfect."

"You, Titan and your dad are all perfect in your own ways." Eren said softly, "And if your mo- if the bitch was sane or smart, she never would've left because of you, Aki. You're absolutely incredible."

"So are you, Eren." I closed the door and quickly drove off to see Chelsea.

-

"Wow, Levi," Chelsea praised when she opened the door for me to drive us to the Rose Café.

"Wow yourself," I complimented back with a smirk.

Chelsea blushed as I took her all in. She was wearing a long sleeved off the shoulder navy blue blouse that was flowy and complimented her figure nicely. With her top, she wore light wash ripped capris and light brown gladiator sandals. She was shorter than me with her blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun with her long bangs free of the bun. As always, she had a pencil sticking out of her updo.