•Chapter VI•

Thank you all so muck for one thousand reads!

Eren

I was excited this morning. I'd gotten a job a few days ago, even if it was a small one at the local convenience store, which meant I was one step closer to getting back on my feet and out of Levi's hair. There was some sort of party at the bar tonight with the employees, so I needed to talk to Farlan about that just in case Levi wasn't free.

I grabbed the house phone and dialed the number that was scribbled on my hand a few days prior.

"Farlan?"

"Yes? Who is this?" He responded.

"It's Eren. Y'know, the freeloader at Levi's with an adorable kid." I reminded, "The one who is also going through some major inner turmoil because of said male."

"Ah. Hey, Eren. What's up?"

I smiled. "Soooooo, I got a job! It's a surprise for Levi so I'm going to tell him later, but there's some sort of work party tonight and Levi is always busy, so I don't want him to cancel stuff because he wants me to go because that feels like pity. But either way, would you happen to be free to babysit until one of us gets back home?"

"I suppose. Levi has been looking for a permanent nanny since the last one quit. I'll be over... what time?"

"I believe the party starts around nine. Late, I know, but that's probably because most of the workers aren't parents with young kids." I joked.

"Probably not," Farlan said, chuckling. "I'll be over by eight thirty. Anything else you need?"

"Hmm, not really. Unless you wanna give me dating advice?" I laughed.

"Don't you need to be dating to need advice?"

I sighed. "The truth hurts me, Farlan. I'm not going to be dating Levi, like ever, I mean he went out on a date with that Chelsea girl I told you about. He also raved about her to me and called her eyes 'warm and inviting', if I recall. He thought she was out of his league, and if someone's out of his league then what the hell am I? Dirt?!"

"You're not dirt. Just ask him out."

"He went on a date with a girl he has an absolutely massive crush on," I replied. "He isn't gonna say yes if I ask him out."

"What does she have that you don't have?" Farlan asked.

"Boobs, a pretty face, intelligence," I hummed in thought. "She doesn't have a son she can't support, and she's not leeching on Levi's money."

"You have a nice face. You are intelligent. You can support your son and you most certainly are not leeching off of Levi. You like him," Farlan corrected. "Levi isn't even a boob guy. He prefers ass."

I laughed lightly. "Farlan, please don't get my hopes up if they're only going to crash and burn."

"I can almost promise you that you and Levi will work out in the end. It just might be a little messy and hard at first. Chelsea symbolizes what Levi never thought he could have and what he thinks Aki wants. He thinks that she needs a female influence, when she is perfect without one. Plus, she has Izzy."

"If shit goes wrong, you're going to have to be my personal therapist." I sighed, swayed by Farlan's motivation.

"It won't end up wrong. It'll all work out. Levi isn't good at this stuff. He's hesitant."

"Still, promise you'll be my personal therapist?"

"I promise."

"... Then I'll call you tonight with an answer to my stupid ass confession."