𝓼𝓾𝓰𝓪𝓻 - a sixth chapter

sugar - a sixth chapter.

your pov.

a diner. I was sitting across from Billie. the air was sweet. one milkshake sat between us; two straws. a waitress filled up a cup of coffee for a single customer a couple tables ahead of us. my dress was light and soft against my body. I had an old poodle skirt, blouse and cardigan on.

the weather was perfect. at a quick glance, the parking lot was lined with vibrant Pontiacs, Camaros, Mustangs- the sky was crimson.

I glanced back at Billie. she seemed the same, but something was off. her smile. it stretched from ear to ear, warping her face into a twisted and distorted form of her self. the world bent around it. looking down, my hands were cuffed together around the leg of the booth. I tried to scream, but something bound my mouth closed. my eyes wildly searched every inch of the restaurant for someone to help me, but as they landed on each patron I realized they were all part of the gang. everyone was watching me unblinkingly, with malice in their glares. Finneas in the back cooking, Noah serving, Diego at the ice cream bar, Tony and the rest of the goons sitting at the counter...

I was all alone. I began to lament furiously; saline materializing from my eyes. I couldn't trust anyone, even Billie. she might feel safe but that's just fake comfort. she doesn't care about me. nobody does.

the tears just kept coming, and eventually the pooling water reached my ankles. then my knees. my waist. my shoulders. Billie and her accomplices remained stagnant; unaffected. she reached over the table and cast me the same huge, wicked, disturbed grin- only to pinch my nose.

I wiggled and thrashed and tried my best to gain distance between us. but Billie was so strong. she just had this power over me. I couldn't fight anymore. I was so tired and I had no air left. I collapsed into Billie as my vision blurred and my whole body felt so much lighter.

billie's pov

at three am, I woke up to find (Y/N) huddled in the corner, far away from me. she was shaking and crying, and her head was in her hands.

"come here, sugar, what's wrong?" I asked in the softest voice I could muster.

she looked up at me and put out her arms. "please don't hurt me, please! I just wanna go home!"

all the memories we'd had the past two days were gone from her mind, it seemed. and it scared me, because she was completely reverted to when she'd just been taken.

"you can't go back home, you know that. you're staying here with me now, and you like it." I tried to get closer to her, but her eyes widened and she pressed her body against the wall flat.

"I let you touch me... my own kidnapper. my mom would be so angry! I hate you!"

my expression hardened. "you don't mean any of that really, do you, (Y/N)?"

no response but a wet-eyed series of blinks.

"fucking do you?!"

she lowered her head with a sniffle. "I mean... no."

"and are you really that upset about being a hostage? because from what I can tell, it's not so bad. and maybe in a few years you can go home again to visit," I asked with a steely tone to my voice. the last thing I need is my captive paranoid that i' m oing to hurt her when i'm not.

her eyebrows raised substantially. "no, Billie. I'm sorry, Billie. I had a nightmare."

"aw, poor girl. lemme hear about it." I wrapped her in my arms and spooned her while she recounted in morbid detail the grotesque dream. it was disturbing, to say the least, having come out of the mind of someone I thought of as incredibly innocent.

but worry grew in the back of my mind. she doesn't trust me. how do i make her trust me? can i?
ugh. of course i can, i'm Billie fucking Eilish.

your p.o.v.

I never in my life though this would happen. me, wrapped in the arms of a girl whose gang killed the child I was babysitting, after having sex with her in a mall bathroom, and not taking any opportunities given to escape and go back to my family. what was that condition called, again? Stockroom system? it was hitting me hard, and strangely, in this moment...

I didn't mind at all.

i slept peacefully for the rest of the night, wrapped in her warm embrace. i felt safe. so safe.

please vote & comment if you enjoyed! 💕
this is a rewrite of one of my first Hostage drafts, I hope adding more detail and pieces helped you to get better insight on your character's relationship with billie and her metal struggle against the inevitable Stockholm syndrome she is going to and is already facing!!
thank u all for being so patient with my awful updating schedule! I try to write whenever I have free time but I have a really tough semester so it's hard to get in that space in the moments im not working on school!
PS FOLLOW MY SOUNDCLOUD LINK IN BIO