𝓬𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓮 - a tenth chapter

cutie - a tenth chapter.

your pov.

"babyyyyy... wake up." Billie's lips pressed right against my ear as she shook me lightly. i snuggled into her warmth, just to be shoved away.

"get up, get dressed as fast as possible. meet everyone downstairs." she barely made any inflection in her tone before leaving the room.

I trudged into the bathroom to face my appearance. i was looking dry and tired, but i really had no products to use to fix it, so i settled for rubbing the sleep off my eyes and running my fingers through my hair a few times before throwing it up in a ponytail. i then splashed my face with water and looked down at my hand on the gold plated sink knob. i took a shallow, unstable breath. every day this feels less and less like a hostage situation. is anyone even looking for me anymore? how many days have i been here? it was unsettling to realize that i couldn't come up with a number. i had no idea. more than 3? a couple weeks? a month?

my next move was to scavenge through the bottom drawer of Billie's wardrobe. i settled on changing into a large black Joy Division tshirt and a white tennis skirt.

my hand skimmed along the contents of the top drawer to find a pair of socks, when it bumped something hard. my face began to heat as i realized what i was touching. a purple vibrator.

i slipped on the socks i could find the fastest and jogged out the door. when i reached the bottom of the stairs, i glanced at the back patio door and chills ran down my neck. never again. not like that. better next time.

Tony and another large man in black were standing at the front doors. i tried not to make eye contact as i walked past into the living room.

"(Y/N), babe! how ya doing?" Dani exclaimed, jumping off the couch to give me a hug.

i shrugged, glancing around nervously before taking a seat on one of the white leather couches.

around me was pretty much everyone i'd usually see. Finneas was across from me, with Diego and Noah. others on the team filled the open spaces. all were present- except Billie.

after a few minutes, i heard footsteps from a hallway to the left. the steps were inconsistent, some stomps and others barely making a sound, with breaks between. i heard a muffled whack, and as the noises grew closer there was a muffled, "shut up. shut up."

my hands were warm; kind of shaky.

Billie emerged with a short black girl struggling slightly in her grip. i couldn't take my eyes off of her. she looked so desperate. in her stare i saw the same emotions i had when i was firs brought to this same place. she looked weak and tired with Billie's hands over her mouth and across her abdomen to keep her retrained.

something about her mad rage and jealousy ignite inside me. maybe it wasn't her, but the way Billie held her. the way they had skin to skin contact. i wanted it.

Billie cleared her throat, smiling. "guys- meet Joy."

there was a chorus of interested whistles and greetings from the team.

"smile, baby," Billie said, nudging into her and removing her hand from Joy's lips.

the girl grimaced, looking anywhere but into the eyes of her observers. i couldn't blame her, at the beginning i did the same.

however, the affectionate name Billie called her caused a pang to radiate through my chest. I'm baby. she's supposed to call me that.

some of the crew pulled Joy towards them and started a conversation. Billie walked up to me with a sly grin on her face. "she's gorgeous, right?"

i clenched my teeth in annoyance. "yeah, she's really pretty."

there was a moment of silence. before she leaned close to me and spoke into my ear. "i know you don't want her here, (Y/N), and you need to get better at hiding it. that jealousy shit is ugly as fuck."

with that, she left to take Joy back downstairs. i was standing alone as my brain furiously worked to unpack all she'd said. it felt like she was playing games with me by bringing Joy here and then accusing me of being jealous. am i really the problem?

"hey, (Y/N)! whachu think of Joy? she's such a cutie, right? lowkey slim thick." Dani jumped off the couch to approach me.

i nodded with a blank expression. "yeah. definitely."
maybe Billie was right. this wasn't very convincing. but i couldn't bring myself to lie even more than i was already by not saying i absolutely hated her guts.

hi cuties. i wrote this chapter last week and finally had the time to edit it and get it up.
a couple of days ago i found out that a girl i went to elementary school with had gone missing, and although she was found, im still feeling a little shaken up. trying my best to write as much as i can when im free.
i hope u guys r doing well <3