Chapter 9

Good morning my lovely little SOSers and Directioners and anyone else. Lol. I have no idea what I just said. Anyways, on the side is one of my favorite members of One Direction. His smile is near perfection but I think Ashton's dimples beat his smile by... you know, a lot. Don't judge me! I like dimples and smiles. Anyways (again), this is edited but please comment with any mistakes that you find it would help me out a lot and I've come to realize that I do make a lot mistakes that I don't see until I read it over later. Sorry about my mistakes. Hope you guys like it! Vote, comment, follow please!

~outofbreath27

*Dream Starts*

"You. Stupid. Useless. Excuse. For. A. Daughter." my father enunciates every word with a slap as he holds me in place be my hair. On the last word he let's go and lets me fall to the floor. I stay there until he takes me by my hair again and lifts me to punch me in the face. My face swivels around and I can feel my neck pop and flare with pain as I land in a pile on the floor. "You come straight home from school every day! Quit all of your clubs or whatever else you're in! People probably don't even want you in those clubs. You had better be home every day by or before 4 or else!" he warns before he stalks back to his room.

I don't let my tears fall until I hear his door slam shut. I got punished this time because my friends pressured me into getting ice cream with them. We goofed off and I didn't get home until 6 so he was angry because I didn't have time to make him dinner.

I slowly pick myself up from the ground and limp my way to my bedroom. When I get there, I inspect the injuries I have. There is already a bruise forming on my jaw where he punched me and my neck has shooting pains whenever I turn it in either direction.

"Shit." I mumble under my breath when I try to turn it. It brings fresh tears to my eyes as I come to a decision. I need to get this checked out.

I quietly grab my purse and wallet after I put thick makeup on my bruises and make my way out of my house. I walk to the nearest walk-in clinic which is thankfully only a 10 minute walk away. I walk in and go up to the lady behind the desk.

"Hi. Can I see someone about my neck?" I ask and put the right amount of tears in my eyes to make her feel bad for me.

"Of course, dear! What's your name and how did you get the injury?" she asks.

"My name is..." I pause for a second. "Ashley Devine." I answer and hope that I don't look suspicious. "I fell at my house and hit my head. The fall messed with my neck and now it hurts to turn it." I lie to her.

"Okay well I'll talk to a doctor and we'll call your name when we can see you. Just go wait in one of those chairs." she explains and points to a waiting area. I give her a small smile before I sit down in a chair. I only have to sit for a few minutes before my fake name is called. I shyly stand and walk over to the woman in the doorway.

"Hi! My name is Dr. Turner. You're Ashley?" she asks in a soft voice.

"Yes." I lie to her.

"Okay well come on back." She waves to me and leads me to a checkup room. "Just sit on the bed." I follow her instructions without saying anything. "How old are you?"

"I just turned 15 last week." I tell her.

"Cool! Happy belated birthday!" she tells me enthusiastically.

"Thanks." I mumble.

"Okay so I'm going to see how much movement you have in your neck." She warns. "Just tell me when it hurts." She pulls and pokes my neck for the next few minutes before frowning and turning to her computer. "How did you hurt yourself again Ashley?"