Chapter 6: Awakening

Throughout the next few days, the three brothers stayed by Mikey's bedside as he was being treated. He was still unconcious and and had a tube helping him breath.

"It's been two days Don, when is Mikey going to wake up?" Raph asked a bit impatiently, crossing his arms.

"Hopefully very soon, he's still extremely weak from everything and recovering." Donnie explained.

"Don...when he wakes up uh will be um you know, be ok?" Leo asked in slight worry. Donnie sighed.

"Honestly...it depends."Donnie replied. "Physically, he needs to heal and get better." Leo nodded. "And... emotionally?"

"He's going to need us more than ever, he might even act differently and be more sensitive...maybe more anxious....just be ready."

Everyone nodded, including Splinter who watched over his weak youngest son, who was internally suffering.

"Yes, Donatello is correct... Michealangelo had experienced something very traumatic, and may not....be the same."

Everyone's faces fell at that, they couldn't bear the thought of Mikey never being himself again, it was too much for them...

Donnie checked over Mikey, re-wrapping injuries. He then saw Mikey slightly twitching. "Guys, Mikey's going to wake up!"

Everyone ran over. They all gathered around the youngest. His face twitched a little and his eyes peeled open very slowly.

"That's it baby brother, open your eyes." Raph encouraged, moving closer. Mikey opened his baby blue eyes and shut them immediately.

Donnie realized the light was too bright and quickly dimmed them. "Mikey, it's not too bright now."

Mikey whimpered and opened his eyes again reluctantly. He say four blurry faces...red, blue, purple, brown....where's Shedder?!

Mikey suddenly began to panic, thinking he was still in Shredder's lair. Leo reached out to comfort him.

"Mikey? Hey calm down little brother, it's ok...it's ok you are home and you are safe, don't be scared." He whispered. Mikey looked up.

He relaxed immediately when he realized he was indeed no longer in cell and he was wrapped in bandages all over his injuries.

"Bros...I uh you saved me?" Mikey whispered awkwardly, not knowing what to say. He thought he died.

"Of course we saved you, you're our only little brother...we almost lost you." Leo said quietly, remembering.

Mikey's eyes widened. "I almost died? I....I thought I was gonna die all alone and you'd never find me!"

Raph pulled Mikey in a hug. "Shhhh, that wasn't ever gonna happen, we searched for days...we were scared we would be too late."

Mikey nodded. "I... I'm so sorry!" He blurted out. Everyone looked at him. "What are you sorry for little brother?" Raph asked him.

Mikey let out a shaky breath. "If I hadn't been so annoying, I wouldn't have gotten captured, I'm so sorry."

All the brothers and Splinter immediately wrapped him in a hug. "Mikey, it wasn't your fault, not at all it was ours." Donnie said firmly.

Mikey looked up at his big brother. "What do you mean? It's my fault for always bothering you all and being annoying." He said hoarsely.

"Mikey, you aren't annoying... you're our little brother, we shouldn't have pushed you away, so we're sorry." Leo said gently but sternly.

"But...I shouldn't have left the lair or tried to run away, that was stupid..." Mikey mumbled. Raph patted him on the head.

"It was our fault you did that Mikey, but please don't ever do that again, you scared us half to death." Leo begged, hugging Mikey.

"Oh, that reminds me...here Mikey, you dropped this uh when you got.... kidnapped." Donnie said softly.

Mikey smiled, taking the bag with the things he had taken when he ran away. He hugged his teddy bear tight.

"Thanks Donnie, and thanks for saving my bros, I...I thought I was dead, it all hurt so bad!"

Splinter wrapped his youngest son in his arms. "My son, it is alright now, we are just glad we came in time."

Mikey sniffled. "Bros...can I ask you a question?" He asked sheepishly. The brothers all nodded patiently.

"Am I....useless?" Mikey asked so softly they almost couldn't hear him. "Shredder...he called me that."

Leo almost started crying when he remembered what Shedder carved in Mikey's arm. He hugged Mikey, trying to keep his composure.

"Oh Mikey...of course you aren't useless, we saw what Shedder carved in your arm, but it's not true!" Leo said shakily.

Mikey nodded, taking a deep breath. Splinter turned to Mikey, placing a paw on his son's shoulder.

"My son...I too am sorry for shooing you out of the kitchen when you only wanted to help me, I should not have been rude."

Mikey smiled. "It's ok dad, I'm sorry I made you spill the tea...and I'm sorry for bothering all of you bros."

They looked at Mikey kindly. "All is forgiven baby brother, we never were mad at you, you will never be a bother."

Mikey nodded, yawning. He wondered why he was so tired. "Uh dudes, how long was I out?"

Raph bit his lip. "3 days, we're so glad you are awake now otouto, it's too quiet when you're sick."

Mikey tried to laugh but ended up letting out a hoarse sound. He winced. Donnie smooth sympathetically.

"That's from the breathing tube, don't worry...it'll wear off in a few hours, you might feel a little tired too."

Mikey nodded. "Thanks again for saving me bros...being isolated was horrible...and scary."

They all hugged him again. "It's ok otouto, were here now and we always will be, why don't you get some rest?"

Mikey yawned and cuddled up with his family, which was difficult since he was hooked up to wires and tubes.

He was awake...

But that didn't mean he was ok...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! Mikey is awake! But is he ok? Will he ever be the same again? Will he act differently? Will his injuries heal?

Plz Comment and Vote!
Thx Enjoy😘😍

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕