Chapter 9: You Are Our Sunshine

"How are you feeling, little brother?" Leo asked as he stepped into the lab where Mikey was sitting.

"I'm ok Leo, Donnie's gonna see his my injuries are healing!" Mikey said cheerfully, flashing a smile.

Leo grinned. Mikey was currently coveted in bandages. He was practically a walking mummy.

Donnie walked in a moment later. "Hey little brother, it's been a week, let's see how you're doing."

Mikey had many cuts, most of which were healing and scabbed over. His shoulder had stitches from the deep wounds. The stitches would have to come out soon.

His side was bandaged and still in the healing process and he still had a cast on his fingers where they were broken. It would probably be healed in a few weeks.

The carving in his arm was still healing and probably would not be fully healed for a few months. Even then, it would leave a scar.

As for the cracks in his shell, there wasn't much he could do about that. Mikey would have scars there when they fully healed.

"I'm going to do an x-ray on your ribs Mikey, to see how their doing." Donnie explained. Mikey nodded.

The broken ribs were still in the process of healing. That would take a few weeks as well.

The water was mostly out if his lungs, so that was good, and he was slowly gaining back the weight he'd lost.

"Well Mikey, your wounds are healing nicely, but your stitches in your shoulder should come out soon." Donnie told the young turtle.

Mikey froze, fear etching on his face. "W-Will it hurt?" He asked in fear. Donnie sighed. "A little, but you'll be just fine."

Leo and Raph hugged Mikey, seeing how scared he was. "It's ok Mikey, we're going to be right here with you the whole time."

"How are his wounds doing?" Raph asked Donnie. Donnie grinned. "Everything is healing nicely.'

"What about...his head injuries? Didn't he have some?" Leo asked. Donnie nodded. "Yes, but they were minor...just a bad cut."

Donnie paused. "The stitches in your head will have to come out to, little brother." He told a nervous Mikey.

Mikey started crying, burying his face in his arms. "No....it's gonna hurt!  I don't wanna hurt any more!"

The brothers exchanged glances. "Oh Mikey, it's ok...it won't hurt much, I promise...we'll be they'd for you the whole time." Donnie said.

They hugged him, trying to be careful around his injuries. "It's going to be ok, but they need to come out."

Mikey finally agreed. "I can do it tommorow, if you want." Donnie offered. Mikey nodded, wanting to get it over with as soon as possible.

"Ok, why don't you just focus on relaxing today, and tommorow well take them out, ok?"

"Ok." Mikey smiled a little. He was still scared, but he knew it had to be done, so he was going to do it.

The rest of the day went by with video games, which were hard for him to play because of his hand, and the bros and Splinter made sure to spend timr with him.

"He needs to have his stitched out, sensei." Donnie told Splinter that night, after Mikey went to bed.

Splinter hummed. "Is it going to be painful?" He mused, knowing his poor son didn't handle pain very well.

Donnie nodded. "A little, but we're all going to be there for him, he's going to be ok."

"Are his injuries healing?" Splinter asked. "Hai sensei, most of them are healing fine, in a month or so, he should be almost normal."