Shall I dine with you?

(Shy’s pov)

    Ding ding. The door of the dinner opened  as I walked into it. I looked around, trying to see whither the place was crowded or not. I couldn’t stand crowded places it just made me uncomfortable. Lucky there was only about three groups of people at the diner tonight.

     ‘Where is everybody?’ I asked. Not that I really cared, but the thought still lingered in my mind.

    “Hello, welcome to Teacup diner, how many do you have today?" A nice lady asked me.

    "Um....o-only one, p-please." I stuttered. I get so nervous around others that I can't speak without stuttering every word.

    "One, okay then right this way miss." The waitress said as she pointed to a table at the bar.

    "Um, c-can I get a booth please?" I asked.

    "Sure, which one do you want?" She asked nicely.

     "Um, the one by the window."

     "You got it." The waitress lead me to the window. The sun was setting and it was the perfect view. I wanted to be a part of that sunset. If that makes any sense.

    "Okay, your server will be with you shortly. Is there anything you would like to drink?" The waitress asked her while she put a napkin in front of me.

      I fell silent as she  drifted off into the sunset. It was so beautiful, I didn't want to take my mind off of it.

    "Miss?" The waitress shook her arm.

    "Oh, um..... yeah?" I snapped back into reality.

    "What would like to drink?" The waitress asked.

      I fell silent as I knew that I no longer felt okay with \talking. I took my white sweater and stuffed my face inside of it muffling my voice.

   "Can I get a water please." I mumbled nervously. It was clear that the waitress didn't understand me.

    "Did you say water?" She asked trying to reassure herself. I nodded and she put the water on the list.

    "I will get you your water shortly ma'am." The young waitress said as she walked to the kitchen.

     I looked out the window, the night was so peaceful. It reminded me of someone, someone that she met long ago. I knew it was useless to think about him but I couldn't help it. The thoughts filled head and I drifted into a daydream.

     I was never a popular girl. I preferred to stay by myself, because of this no one ever talks to me. I have very little friends and I hates that. I want to have friends, but I can't build up the confidence to talk to anyone......and .....I just want to..........

      I banged my head on the table and started to cry. I couldn't take it anymore I just couldn’t. I am going to die alone and no one is going to be there to comfort me. I hate it. I always did. I wanted friends, and I wanted a family not just any family, my family. I was suddenly hit with a burst of emotions of anger, fear, and despair.

    'Why am I such an idiot?' I thought to myself. "Why do I do this to myself?" I said not realizing that I had spoken aloud. I was so scared, I knew that I was the reason for all of this I was the one who pushed everyone away. I was the one that was rejected my Dad. I couldn't think straight, I was too depressed and the only thoughts I could think of were ones that I can't talk about.

     I was so busy moapping that I didn't notice the girl walking towards me.

     "Hey, are you okay miss?" She asked. She caught me by surprise so I jumped up and my head hit her in the nose.