Strike Three

~Jesley~

Bandages were wrapped around my arms and legs, including my forehead and neck. I was sure I looked like a freaking mummy that was smuggled out of Egypt.

I looked at the cotton pillow I was using and the unique prints on the blanket. I looked around, taking in the sight of beautiful and well-crafted items, the smell of different aromas wafting through the room.

I was back in the Ethyrian Realm. I stood up and walked out of the room. The crystal chandeliers decorated the ceiling, illuminating light violet, light blue, and nature green on the corridors. Large flower vases were aligned against the walls, filled with roses of different colors. I continued walking and found the large door, not hesitating to open it and go past it.

"Whoa," I muttered. Lots of people my age and older were walking around, wearing training outfits and carrying different weapons. The wind blew violently as two flying griffins raced by my spot, blowing out the blue leaves from every night shade tree, Ethyrian trees that had dark blue and violet leaves.

"Goodness, me! You haven't told me you left your room, young lady," a startled voice of a woman said. A woman wearing white robes with wrinkles on her face appeared and checked me up, lifting my arms without my permission.

"Um, what are you doing?" I asked. "Checking your wounds. You are very lucky the strings haven't reached your vital spots and veins. Hm..." the woman replied, grabbing my arm and ran a finger over it.

What I hate is when someone yanks a part of my body, especially now that I was almost murdered by some woman who worked with strings. "You may remove the bandages. The wounds are healed but I advise you not to do anything rash," the woman smiled.

I stared at her awkwardly. "Who are you?" I meant it a little more demanding than intended. "I'm Mrs. Katie Collins, the head nurse of the institution. Nice to meet you, Jesley," the woman said, offering a hand.

"I never said my name," I said, crossing my arms. "Dear, Miss Snow, Mister Luckshire and Mister Hawthorne told the council your identity and brought you to me immediately. Gracious, you were bleeding too much," Mrs. Collins said, shaking the memory of how messed up I was when she first saw me.

I figured Daphne would be here, considering the fact that Silver and Pierce were with her and the fact she'd be visiting her home-realm. Jeez, I'm glad I was out while she tries hard to impress Silver or Pierce. Or maybe both. It makes me shudder just thinking about it.

"Sure," I said, shaking her hand that has been in front of me for a while. I jolted in surprise when a large griffin landed in front of us, a bulky guy riding behind it. He looked powerful and for once, I was intimidated by his aura. And the spear glowing red in his hand wasn't helping me calm down.

"I see Miss Jesley is awake already," the guy said and got down the fierce griffin. "But she shouldn't leave her room so soon," he added and looked at me. I kept a blank face. I don't know what to do anymore.

"She's already in a good condition. No worries, Zenith," Mrs. Collins said and looked at me. "Jesley, this is Captain Zenith Glider, head of the Sentinels," Mrs. Collins introduced. The what? The guy nodded with a smile.

"Yeah..." I said, not really sure of what to respond with. "Well, if you don't mind, Mrs. Collins, I'll be taking young Jesley for a trip around the place," Captain Zenith said.

"Sure, go ahead. If you need any help, just look for me, okay?" the woman smiled at me and went inside the dome made of sea-green glass. So that's where I was earlier. I never noticed.

"Shall we? I'm sure you're wondering how to get around. The institution is a little big and confusing, after all," Captain Zenith said and started walking.