Chapter 29 - You're Not Alone

In the meantime, Sam and Lucifer were still sitting on the couch in quietude. Sam was leaning his head on Lucifer's shoulder and his boyfriend had put an arm around his shoulders but that was about it. Lucifer was lost in thought and Sam wanted to give him all the time he needed to come back to him. So he waited, thinking about his brother. He couldn't help but wonder if Dean knew the whole story and tried to convince himself he couldn't. Because if he did, he wouldn't be friends with Michael anymore. Sam had to believe that. He'd never thought much of Michael and the other Shurleys but this... No, even his brother wouldn't be on their side anymore if he'd heard the truth. Dean might act all though and just but he was also righteous. He'd realize what was wrong or right eventually. And then he'd understand why Lucifer was the good guy in all of this.

After a couple of minutes Lucifer finally sat up straight and stretched his arms. "You wanna order some pizza?" he asked in a back to casual voice.

Sam looked up and smiled before quickly pecking his lips. "Sure. I mean, I'd have to leave for Kevin's right after that but pizza's fine."

"We can share a big pepperoni. Or something else is fine too..."

Lucifer got up and was already starting to walk towards the kitchen when Sam stopped him. "Lucifer."

His boyfriend came to a halt and slowly turned around. "Yeah?"

"Thank you," Sam told him and he meant the words with every fiber of his being.

Lucifer looked away before mumbling, "What for?"

"Telling me," he shrugged. "Trusting me."

After a quick nod Lucifer continued his way to the kitchen. "So pepperoni?"

Yeah, maybe it was a good idea to lighten the mood a little. Sam got up as well and followed him. "How do you feel about Hawaiian?"

Lucifer looked at him with actual terror in his eyes. "Please tell me you're talking about the island."

Definitely a good idea. He laughed and shrugged innocently. "You don't like pineapple?"

"Well, yes, but you don't put it on a pizza!" Lucifer exclaimed in disbelief.

"Why not?" Sam decided to tease him a little bit further.

"Because... that's just... wrong!"

Sam burst out in laughter at that and it didn't take Lucifer long to join him. He walked over to the younger boy and wrapped his arms around him.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he sighed in fake despair against Sam's hair.

The Winchester pulled up an eyebrow. "You think you're easy to deal with?"

"I'm perfect," Lucifer grinned and Sam rolled his eyes before Lucifer pressed his lips against his.

Sam didn't think he'd ever get tired of kissing Lucifer. The guy was all passion and hunger and caused a fire to erupt in Sam's stomach every time they touched. He could've stayed in that moment forever, with his tongue exploring Lucifer's mouth, one hand against his chest and the other around his neck. So when Lucifer pulled away, Sam automatically let out an annoyed whimper.

The Shurley boy gave him that arrogant grin of his. "I really think we should order that pizza now."

When Sam only sighed in response, Lucifer let go of him and grabbed his phone.

"So... pepperoni?"

~~~

When Dean got back to his empty house, he immediately went for the fridge and grabbed a beer. After taking a good pull, he walked back to the living room and dropped down on the couch, putting his feet up on the armrest. He was exhausted. Who would've thought his conversation with Michael would end up where it had? Dean sure as hell hadn't, and he guessed neither did Michael. Everything had gone so well and then... But it was over now. And so was their friendship. He couldn't believe that after all the drama and suppressed romantic feelings, after Dean basically turning Michael down and them still being on good terms despite all of that, they'd fought about their dads. Their dads. It was ridiculous.