Chapter 26

It was New Year's Eve. Finn and Bayley decided to have a party. They invited all of their friends: Sasha, Carmella, AJ, Luke, Karl, and Alexa. Sasha had asked if she could bring her new boyfriend over, to which Bayley obliged. Bayley assumed Carmella would already bring her boyfriend, so she didn't ask.

The guests started to trickle in around 5:00 p.m. The Bullet Club, being the kids at heart that they were, brought a lot of fireworks and sparklers for the party. When Sasha walked in with her new boyfriend, Bayley was surprised to see that it was Seth Rollins from their high school.

They all sat on the couch and Sasha told them about how and she and Seth started dating.

"Well, I was at the cafe and I ran into him. He bought me coffee and we caught up. He asked me out on a date and I said yes. Now we're dating."

Everyone smiled. They heard a knock on Finn's door. "It's open!" he yelled. Carmella walked in.

"Mella!" Bayley exclaimed, jumping up and running toward her friend to give her a hug. "How are you? Where's Cass?"

Colin Cassidy, or "Cass" as everyone called him, was Carmella's boyfriend of four years. He had proposed to her a while back. Bayley looked at Carmella's finger and noticed that she didn't have on a ring.

"Cass and I called off our engagement," Carmella said. "May I come in?"

Bayley nodded and let her friend in. She sat next to Finn and grabbed his hand.

Everyone chatted and ate for hours, then Bayley saw it was getting close to midnight. "Boys, it's 11:30. Wanna do your fireworks?"

The boys all jumped up and ran outside. The girls followed them. They all set up the fireworks and, at 11:45, they started to set off the fireworks. The girls played with the sparklers. After all the fireworks had gone off, it was 11:55. So, everyone went inside and turned on the Countdown.

Bayley went into the kitchen and made some hot chocolate for everyone. Finally, it was 11:59, and there were 20 seconds left until the new year. Then 15. Then 11.

"10!"

Bayley sat down next to her boyfriend. They smiled at each other.

"5!"

Bayley looked around at her friends. This year was truly unforgettable, and she didn't want to trade anything for it.

"1! Happy New Year!"

Finn cupped Bayley's face in his hands and kissed her. Sasha and Seth kissed as well.

Alexa was sitting next to AJ. "Oh, what the heck?" she asked, kissing AJ. Carmella kissed both Luke and Karl.

After everyone pulled away, everyone went home. Bayley stayed.

"Happy New Year, babe," Finn told her before falling asleep.