Chapter V

Unfortunately for young Chloe, the rest of the week wasn't as pleasant as she hoped it would have been. Beca and her gang were nothing but trouble towards the redhead. They continued to pick on her, throw things at her, mess up her locker, steal her things, and tease her. By the time Friday rolled around, Chloe had enough. She was at her wits end and so were all of her friends. They hated seeing Chloe get picked on like she was so Emily decided to step in and give Chloe as much dirt on Beca as she could. She didn't care anymore. Chloe had been a great friend to her and the least she could have done was give Chloe some ammo for when she entered into a battle against Beca.

It was lunchtime in the cafeteria and Chloe was peacefully minding her own business by chatting away with her friends, talking about random things that they all enjoyed until Chloe felt a presence behind her. Everyone stopped talking as they saw Beca and her group behind the redhead.

"You know the deal, ginger, give me your lunch," Beca ordered.

Chloe sighed then stood up and turned to Beca.

"No."

Beca just stared at her for a few moments.

"You're seriously not doing this again, are you?" Beca chuckled.

"I'm standing up for myself and I'm not going to let you walk all over me. I'm giving you this one chance to leave me alone."

"Is that a threat?"

"No, it's a warning so I suggest you adhere to it."

"Oh!" Beca began laughing, as did her friends. "Big words for a freshie!"

"They are so you better listen to them."

Beca laughed a little more. "Well, I hope you've had your fun because I'm hungry and I don't want to waste any more of my time when it could be spent eating. So, hand it over."

"No," Chloe repeated firmly and Beca stepped forward.

"I don't think you heard me correctly. I said hand it over."

"Oh, I heard you just fine and the answer is still no."

Beca clenched her jaw angrily then went to snatch Chloe's lunchbox but the redhead pushed it back so it sat in front of Fat Amy. The Australian quickly held onto it like a teddy bear.

"You really want to do this, huh?" Beca growled at the redhead.

"I want you to stop being such a child and grow up and leave me alone."

"Aww, that's cute. Did your mommy tell you to say that?"

"At least I have a mom," Chloe retorted and Beca's face fell. "At least I have parents who support me, understand me, and love me for who I am. At least my parents stuck together enough to see me through all of my school years. At least I've never been expelled from every school I've been to and at least this isn't my last chance to be good at school before nobody else will take me."

The whole cafeteria was silent as they watched Beca glare at Chloe fiercely. Chloe would have been lying if she didn't say that she was a little scared but she stood her ground and maintained her eye contact with Beca.

"You have some nerve, girl," Beca spoke in a low and intimidating tone.

"At least I'm brave enough to stand on my own instead of having a group of followers hang around me like a bad smell because I'm too weak to do things alone. Because that's what you are, isn't it, Beca? Alone? Vulnerable? No mom. A dad who works all the time and pays the school to keep you here. No real friends. No love? No nothing. You're nothing. You're just this persona, this illusion that you're so tough but in reality, you're not. You're broken, just like all your friends - all broken. You're nothing and I feel sorry for you because when you get out into the real world, you'll have nothing and you'll still be nothing."

Beca was now fuming as everyone just watched in fear. No one ever talked to Beca Mitchell like that and Beca would have been damned if she let Chloe humiliate her like that in front of everyone.

"I'm going to kill you!" Beca roared then went to leap forward and hit Chloe until Cynthia-Rose stepped in and pulled Beca back.

"Whoa! BM! Don't! She's not worth it! She's not worth it!"

"I'll kill her!" Beca screamed, trying to break free.

"Leave her, girl! Leave her!"

"This isn't over, ginger!" Beca yelled out as she was taken away by her friends.

Chloe and everyone else in the cafeteria watched until the angry brunette was gone, allowing Chloe to sigh in relief and sit down.

"Wow, that was impressive, red!" Fat Amy spoke with a smile.

"Yeah, that was pretty great," Benji added.

"I'm glad that alt-girl got what was coming. It's about time..." Aubrey uttered.

"I can't believe you did that. I really can't," Emily said, shocked.

"I couldn't have done it without you, Em," Chloe winked.

"Just be prepared for some serious backlash now."

"Oh, don't worry. If she tries anything again me and my parents are off to see the principal. I won't have her bully me anymore. This has been a long week and I won't have another week like it."

"Well, I'm proud of you, Chloe," Aubrey smiled. "You were really brave and you put that girl in her place. You really got under her skin - it was great to watch."

"You really don't like her do you?" Chloe laughed.

"Do you?"

"No. I feel sorry for her and I'm not really proud to use her weaknesses against her but at least she knows now that I don't mess around and that there's more where that came from."

"Remind me not to get on your bad side..." Fat Amy uttered, sliding Chloe's lunchbox back over to her.

Chloe giggled and opened her lunchbox. "You never need to worry about that, Amy."