Bring it on then...

• Dedicated to April Bustillo

It had been by accident. Meeting her was an accident; in a moment he had seen her walking by Tesco's and in another moment they were apologizing about how they had stumbled each other. It was all a blur. Nothing went as planned for the two of them. It wasn't that John Donovan felt anything like love at first sight the moment he saw Sarah Sawyer, no it wasn't that. It was a blur; it's like if from that moment on she was in his veins. He had been walking by Tesco's in his way to Speedy's sandwich bar and café and she was perhaps in her way to her flat in Baker Street when they accidentally stumbled each other. John had just almost fallen when he managed to keep himself still by holding himself in the brick wall behind them. Sarah in the other hand had fallen to the ground.

"Oh dear," she said ashamed of herself, "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry!"

John smiled as he offered Sarah his hand to help her back to her feet, "why are you apologizing? I ran into you." He joked.

Sarah brought her blue gaze up at the taller man as she smiled at the joke, "of course you didn't. I'm really sorry, I must have missed the fact that you were walking by or-"

"Don't worry," he smiled, "enjoying the weather?"

"Well, I personally prefer it cold but what's the use? It's always cold around here, isn't it?"

"You're a local, aren't you?"

"Oh yes, I am. And you are a Londoner or-"

"I'm from Ireland." John said.

Sarah smiled as she crossed her arms and looked up at the taller man, "you like to interrupt."

"My sister says that as well." John smiled.

"Oh you have a sister," Sarah said with a grin.

John frowned, "I wish I could share your happiness."

"What? Don't you guys get along?" Sarah asked.

"It's complicated." John simply said.

"Oh, I understand." Sarah said.

"You have siblings?" John asked.

"Well, not but," Sarah thought for a moment. What were really they? Strangers? Acquaintances? Friends? Mates? Partners? She couldn't tell. "She's my friend."

"She must be a very friendly woman for being your friend. I mean you look like that kind of people who don't befriend anyone," John said. Was that a compliment? What was happening to him?

Sarah sighed as she bit her bottom lip, "friendly is not the word I would use to describe her."

"Then which is it?"

"Sarah for God's sake, you're definitely one day going to end with my patience! I send you in a simple task like getting the milk to Tesco's, which is five minutes away and you take seven minutes in a period of three from the start from which you left!" The voice sounded as a tall beautiful dark haired woman walked to them after coming out of the flat with the address 221c Baker Street. The woman who wore a long coat and a blue scarf wrapped around her neck. Her long dark curled hair falling to her shoulders covered in what appeared to be salt or sugar. Her feline-like green bluish eyes glowed with impatience as she walked to Sarah and she removed her leather gloves in frustration.

"Laura for the love of God, what have you done to yourself?" Sarah asked.

"The experiment went wrong, alright?" The dark haired woman now identified as Laura said. "I wonder if you've ever left the flat without thinking that I will one day kill myself as a result of any of my experiments."

"I wouldn't hold on to much hope, Laura. You never follow the bloody instructions to your experi-"

Sarah was cut off by Laura who waved her hands in annoyance in the air as she always did when she was disturbed while trying to examine a crime scene, "the instructions are wrong, Sarah!"