Every Breath You Take

• Dedicated to Rene Benjamin Bueso Martinez

A/N: Sorry for the delay:(

Laura pinched the bridge of her nose as she sighed, "what are you talking about, Irene?" 

Irene turned to her, "I think that I made myself clear." 

Laura gazed at the green eyed woman, "you said we would not kill her!" 

“I know what I said, Laura! But I have no choice! I have to kill her,” Irene murmured.

“Why? Why must you kill her?” Laura asked dumbfounded.

Irene sighed, “because I need to! I need to feel power over someone once more! I need to be the Irene Donovan once more! I don’t need to be presumed dead any longer I want to be caught but if I’m going to be caught then I want it to be by killing a recognized murderer as well. This is my chance! Nirvana Milverton is my chance.”

“That’s stupid, Irene!”

“You’re stupid!”

“No-uh!”

“Ye-ah!”

“Enough of this! Irene, you’re not okay! You’re insane!”

“Are you getting that now?” Irene asked with a smirk.

“Irene, this will do you no good. We have to stop Nirvana Milverton before she hurts Kenneth—“

“Of course we will stop her. The same way I stopped Carl.”

“Please don’t tell me the murderous Irene is back,” Laura pleaded.

“She was never gone…”

[…]

Kenneth pushed the house door open before walking in; he took a look around the place. If not for the dead flowers and smell of blood he would have sworn that people were still living there. Kenneth looked up the house searching the second floor for something.

Nirvana perhaps.

Kenneth sighed as he drew his gun and walked carefully through the place. He looked around when he heard footsteps coming from the second floor.

Kenneth whistled. “Come on, little Nirvana, show yourself.” He called out.

His only response was of footsteps becoming louder and louder as they approached.

Kenneth was ready to shoot. He was ready to fight if he was attacked. He was ready to answer if drawn into a conversation. Was ready to react if Nirvana tried to play with his mind. To what he wasn’t ready for was for a beautiful yet terrifying voice singing one of Kenneth’s favorite songs. Although, now he had a different way of hearing the lyrics for that song due to the mockingly sing song tone of voice in which the voice was singing the well remembered song.

Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'll be watching you

Kenneth started looking around desperately.

What game was Nirvana playing?

“Show yourself! Don’t be a coward just like your father was!”

Every single day

Every word you say

Every game you play

Every night you stay

I'll be watching you

“Come out!” He demanded desperately. Nirvana was terrifying him.

Oh, can't you see?

You belong to me

How my poor heart aches

With every step you take

Kenneth raised his gun and fired two shots before aiming it around the house clumsily; he rushed up the stairs and paced desperately around the hall searching for Nirvana. He would kill this woman. She had no right to play with his mind this way. No one had.

Every move you make

Every vow you break

Every smile you fake

Every claim you stake

I'll be watching you

Kenneth fired two shots once more and before he knew it he felt a sharp cut on his left ankle and he fell to the floor, he let out a pained gasp as he hit the ground and he looked up to meet the grey gaze of a dark haired young woman walking towards him. Looking down at him with hatred.

The once scared, sweet and innocent Nirvana Milverton was gone and all that was left were fury and grief and their child named madness.

Nirvana leaned down and gripped Kenneth’s hair as she pulled him closer to whisper in his ear, “I was beginning to wonder when you would arrive. I do believe punctuality to be important.”

“Fuck you.”

Nirvana tossed him back to the floor carelessly as she got back to her feet, “you should be asking me to have some mercy for you. Because I do have some plans of seeing you suffer before I kill you, Mr. Morstan.” Nirvana said as she folded her arms over her chest.

Kenneth glared and aimed a kick with his good foot to her leg but Nirvana saw it coming and immediately spun to the other side and lifted her leg before stabbing Kenneth’s good leg with the sharp heel of her boot making him cry out in pain. Nirvana now had his leg pinned underneath hers.

Nirvana shook her head, “that was very stupid, Mr. Morstan.”

Kenneth winced, “fuck you! Fuck you! I will kill you just like I killed that arsehole of William all those years ago!”

Nirvana’s face changed in fury upon the mention of her father’s murder, “don’t you dare say his name!” She screamed as she aimed a hard kick to Kenneth’s ribs. The detective cried out in pain.

“I am going to enjoy watching you die,” Nirvana taunted as she leaned over and gripped his chin. Nirvana made Kenneth look up at her, “trust me, Mr. Morstan, you will not escape me so easily. Not even death will be the easy way out.”

“You don’t scare me,” Kenneth challenged.

“Hm, I don’t?” Nirvana asked. Nirvana didn’t wait for an answer. Nirvana stood up and walked out of Kenneth’s view; Kenneth then saw her coming back with what to his horror was a brander just pulled out of the fire. Kenneth immediately tried to get away from the young woman. Nirvana overpowered him easily by pinning him by the chest with her leg once more.

Nirvana leaned down and the gaze in her eyes scared the life out of Kenneth.

Nirvana leaned over him and placed the brand over his chest; Kenneth cried out helplessly and he gasped as pain exploded throughout his entire body. He could smell flesh burning and he could see Nirvana grinning with satisfaction at his pain.

Kenneth was gasping and breathing heavily after Nirvana removed the brand.

Nirvana smiled and turned her grey eyes at him, “are you scared yet?”