Defending what's mine...

• Dedicated to Glenda Regina Hercules

Greg Johnson sat in the table with Laura Rockefeller as they waited for Kenneth's and Sarah's arrival; Laura knew Sarah would not be attending the meeting after the argument they had had the previous night. She could easily deduce that.

She thought of how Sarah had not noticed Kenneth's attention for her; she smiled at the thought. But she thought of what Sarah had said. If he had set his sights on you we wouldn't be planning a wedding! The words echoed in her head. So Sarah and Kenneth were planning a wedding, that's what the doctor had said. Laura bit her bottom lip as she thought of the current situation; Laura had been attracted to Kenneth since the very first moment she had seen him and she knew Kenneth had felt the same for her; so she would not let Sarah get away with this so easily. Kenneth was not Sarah's, he was Laura's, and he just didn't know it yet. But he would, that Laura knew well.

Greg noticed Laura to be in deep thought; he supposed she was thinking about either Irene or Milverton. She could have been thinking about Regina as well, how could he know? Laura wasn't a predictable person, that was something everyone could tell. So he thought of something appropriate to do. He reached for the detective's hand and held it tight. Laura looked up, looking confused at Greg's sudden action. She gazed with wonder and Greg simply said, "we'll get them this time, Laura. Trust me."

"Ok, thanks. I guess..." Laura said as she took a sip of her tea.

Greg looked down, "wasn't that what you were thinking about?"

"No," Laura said as she eyed the door, expecting to see Kenneth but just being rewarded with the sight of a pregnant woman entering with a smile in her face as well as two other red headed toddlers and a blonde man holding the door for her to enter. She rolled her eyes at the happily married couple.

"Then what were you thinking about?" Greg asked.

Laura opened her mouth to answer, much to her luck she wasn't able to answer as Kenneth Morstan entered Olive Garden and Greg got to his feet to greet his old friend. Laura smiled at how she had been right. There was no sign of Sarah Sawyer, this was her chance to show Kenneth she was the one he had been looking for and that Sarah was a waste of his valuable time. She got to her feet only to see, much to her dismay, Sarah entering the restaurant while putting her phone back in her purse.

God dammit, Sarah Sawyer, she thought.

Sarah greeted Greg with a handshake and a grin, Laura made her way to greet Kenneth with a peck in the cheek when Kenneth was pulled away and the shorter woman walked forward, she faked a smile, "hello, Laura! It's a lovely morning, isn't it?" Sarah said as she shook Laura's hand and glared.

Laura glared at the blonde doctor, but in the moment she faked a smile as well, "why Sarah, you're not that kind of people who greet their close friends with a handshake, are you?" With this Laura leaned forward and hugged Sarah, she leaned down enough to whisper in her ear, "you know I am willing to fight back, Sarah."

Sarah whispered back with a sarcastic smile, "I'm not fighting, Laura. I'm defending what's mine."

With that, Laura turned to glared at Sarah as the latter backed off from her, "well, so we best be taking a seat." They heard Greg say.